The Student Room Group

Can't find pharmacy work experience!!

I've rang and visited many pharmacies in my local area, all of which have told me to apply online (there is no online application) or have just said they don't offer any. I have only done medicine work experience. Will this be enough for my personal statement?
Original post by Robbocx
I've rang and visited many pharmacies in my local area, all of which have told me to apply online (there is no online application) or have just said they don't offer any. I have only done medicine work experience. Will this be enough for my personal statement?

have you tried independent pharmacies rather than big companies?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
have you tried independent pharmacies rather than big companies?

Unfortunately, there are no independent pharmacies in my city. I have no idea what to do since my personal statement has to be submitted soon :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Robbocx

Where are you based? What kind of experience are you looking for? Dispensary? General counter stuff? Anything you can get? 😂
Original post by Robbocx
Unfortunately, there are no independent pharmacies in my city. I have no idea what to do since my personal statement has to be submitted soon :frown:

I think they prefer that you have some but it doesnt seem to be listed as essential for most universities.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
I think they prefer that you have some but it doesnt seem to be listed as essential for most universities.

Ok thanks for your help! :h:
Reply 6
Original post by georgem93
Where are you based? What kind of experience are you looking for? Dispensary? General counter stuff? Anything you can get? 😂

Based in Wakefield, i'll take anything at this point :biggrin::biggrin:. I've just got off the phone with a pharmacy and i've got to ring them tomorrow about it, fingers crossed.
https://fcancer.org
It's related....
Maybe not work experience, as legally restricted to what you can do esp big companies, but so many pharmacies are struggling for staff and would probably take you on as a sales/HCA. Maybe apply for entry level jobs for just a Saturday or Sunday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending