Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do i do when i have 3 years left for my GCSE's? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol 3 years? I didn't start worrying until 3 days before each exam lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Make really pretty notes now, for each topic that you do!
    Stay on top of all your work, and if you revise the topics as you do them, and make nice notes it will be so much easier in the GCSE period. Get organised and keep all your sheets and notes from this year together.
    Work hard, but also remember that your exams are not for a while and don't stress too much about them now- but good attitude!!
    best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainBottled)
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww oml thats literally my dream how many hours do u revise evryday and when did u start revising woah. Ur so clever what school do you go to?
    I started properly revising around christmas: I was doing anywhere between 4 and 8 hours straights (on some occasions I did 12+ hours in a row). I managed to summarise 3 CGP science textbooks in that time. I underperformed in some subjects in the final exams which I feel bad about (and which I want to redo). But its fine because I picked up top grades in maths which I didn't expect. I go to a grammar school in south west london (there's quite a few) but obviously can't go into specifics because this account is anon and my friends also use TSR Luckily my result was in the top 5 of the year in terms of A*'s but the vast majority of pupils got 5+ A*'s anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomaccountt)
    3 years! wow.
    i agree, first thing i would do is just relax. Life gets hectic after year 10. Im in year 12 rn and im glad i didnt start stressing too early on.
    Enjoy secondary school, year 10 the choas starts, year 11 is when you knuckle down completely, Year 12 is no joke too, start straight away! ive already had 6 test and ive not even been at college for a term yet.

take it easy, it only gets harder from there
    lolllllll thats what everyone else is saying and i guess its true but ima higher ability student so im stressing to stay amongst the others! lol haha:0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    I started properly revising around christmas: I was doing anywhere between 4 and 8 hours straights (on some occasions I did 12+ hours in a row). I managed to summarise 3 CGP science textbooks in that time. I underperformed in some subjects in the final exams which I feel bad about (and which I want to redo). But its fine because I picked up top grades in maths which I didn't expect. I go to a grammar school in south west london (there's quite a few) but obviously can't go into specifics because this account is anon and my friends also use TSR Luckily my result was in the top 5 of the year in terms of A*'s but the vast majority of pupils got 5+ A*'s anyway.
    seriously your smashing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.e)
    Make really pretty notes now, for each topic that you do!
    Stay on top of all your work, and if you revise the topics as you do them, and make nice notes it will be so much easier in the GCSE period. Get organised and keep all your sheets and notes from this year together.
    Work hard, but also remember that your exams are not for a while and don't stress too much about them now- but good attitude!!
    best of luck x
    Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it Just made a Physics A3 Poster of all the things ive learnt in Year 7 An 8 And the things ive just been introduced to in Year 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-99)
    Lol 3 years? I didn't start worrying until 3 days before each exam lmao.

Oml your kidding me what results did you come out with? If you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    how did you even find this website at your age lmao

if you want to learn something learn an instrument or do a sport. its too early right now
    I always used to use it so i decided to make an account Its good for revision normally used for printing Also, im bad at music and pe. its never too early or late by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13iallen)
    All the other answers are telling you to relax, but here's a real answer:

Ask your teacher what exam board you're sitting (Edexcel, AQA, OCR, etc). That changes the curriculum you need to learn for each subject.

If AQA Sciences, I have bought:
    Collins AQA GCSE Revision Biology
    Collins AQA GCSE Revision Chemistry
    Collins AQA GCSE Revision Physics
    (£5.55 from Wordery.com)

I'm taking Edexcel History:
    Revise Edexcel GCSE (9-1) History:
    Crime and Punishment
    Whitechapel
    Elizabeth I
    Weimar Germany and Nazi Germany 1918-1939
    Superpower Relations and the Cold War 1943-1991
    (~£5-10 from ebay)
    Or more in depth versions are the Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) books, you might use them in class(~£20 from ebay) Much more expensive, more likely to earn you level 9's

Through my school I bought the CGP GCSE Maths Buster.It's not very in depth, so I will likely buy another guide. In my opinion, practice papers are the best help.

AQA French:
    AQA French GCSE Vocabulary help can be found online at memrise.com

Computer Science:
    Letts GCSE Success Computer Science Complete Revision and Practice

English Lit:
    I have not bought a revision guide for English Literature, and doubt I will. As long as you buy the actual book you're studying, you can annotate it yourself. If you struggle, look online. At the end of the day, the exam are looking for you unique and original analysis. That's how you earn high levels.

English Language:
    Practice papers, your teacher will be happy to print some off for you
    Memorise the types of discursive writing which may come up in Question 5, Paper 2
    Noted. Thanks for the intensive description of everything
    My exam board is AQA so this was easy and straight-forward!

ReputationRep:
    I always used to use it so i decided to make an account Its good for revision normally used for printing Also, im bad at music and pe. its never too early or late by the way
    1) get fit.
    2) it really is too early. You can start revising for gcses in year 11 and still get a*s. seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus! It is way too early to stress; I started revising a week before exams and was fine. There is no point doing anything now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polinaa)
    Jesus! It is way too early to stress; I started revising a week before exams and was fine. There is no point doing anything now!
    hi thanks for your reply what did you get in your gcse's? :0 if u don't mind me asking lol

ReputationRep:
    hi thanks for your reply what did you get in your gcse's? :0 if u don't mind me asking lol
    No, it's fine. I got 12 A*s. As long as you cram the night before you will be fine! Enjoy year 9 and 10

ReputationRep:
    Oml your kidding me what results did you come out with? If you don't mind me asking.
    Lol I was exaggerating a bit but I did leave my revision for all my exams really late. I did Scottish qualifications so in my National 5's (equivalent to GCSE) I got 5 A's and a B. In my Highers (like AS Levels) I got 1 A, 3 B's and a C and in my Advanced Highers (like A2) I got a B and 2 C's. I'm at Uni now so it all worked out . I would always start revising about a month before my first exam. I would never really intend to leave it that late I just procrastinate a lot and it's only when things start getting serious I'm able to tell myself "Oh sh*t I should REALLY get revising." I learn by doing questions that's the only way I can learn listening to teachers talk and reading notes doesn't help me at all so what I would do is I would just blast through loads and loads of past papers during exam period until it was drilled into my brain. I wouldn't recommend leaving it that late though as I was often awake until 3am revising because I would set myself a target of how many past papers to get through for the day and I wouldn't let myself sleep until I reached that target. It's better to just start revising 2-3 months before your first exam and slowly increase your study time as you get closer to exam period rather than overworking yourself and stressing yourself out like I did. If you do that you'll be absolutely fine. For my Advanced Highers my intention was to actually start revising early but I got so bogged down with coursework that I was forced to leave my revision really late again haha. I probably could have gotten better grades if I revised more throughout the year instead of cramming the whole course into a few weeks before exams but oh well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.