The Student Room Group

Study Tips For GCSE's!

Hey!!

Here's some tips for how to revise for GCSE's and exams in general! I got 8 top grades with 6 8/9 and full marks in EPQ. From observing how others who got straight 9's did and comparing it with my study technique, here's some advice that I can give.

Revision should be a multiple step process!

> Read any notes you have on the topic 3 times.
By doing so, you will get a somewhat brief understanding of the topic and can explain it in briefer terms!

Reading is honestly underrated. Everyone says it's not active recall...however that's how people I know ppl have gotten 8/9 in a subject.

> Flashcards
I think flashcards are good to just regurgitate the information and really get to know it. Keep doing Ankki or Quizlets until you've nailed that set down.

Do languages, for example, 15 minutes a day and it will add up in the long run!

> Topic Questions
Topic questions are honestly a must!! You are answering a whole set of questions on one topic in one go and it allows you to get a clear understanding of the topic in more depth. Also, it will help you mentally group information together so that you know when you're talking about functional groups or alkanes, that it's to do with Organic Chemistry, so you only answer about organic chemistry information!

> Past Papers
There are so many past papers I'd be surprised if you struggle to run out! Keep doing past papers until you've not got any more left. Once you have gotten to the end, just go and redo them again. Whilst you're recollecting answers you've previously given for that question, you're also regurgitating what the mark scheme said and this allows you to get a similar answer that will score you higher marks.

I suggest printing them out and doing them in black. Then go back with notes and a pencil and fill in what you still don't know. Then you should go and do it with a coloured pen and make sure you take in your mistakes and learn the answer properly.

Mocks will be fast approaching when year 11 starts! Give yourself 3 months atleast and do an hour a day and it will add up! Even if you have 2 weeks left, just give this method a go and it will help boost the grades up!

Trust me: Sometimes you may not have time to revise properly, and that's fine. Just make sure you read the entirety of the notes 3-4 times to get to grips with it.

> Save My Exams
> Physics and Maths Tutor
> Any board endorsed websites
> Any reliable notes

^ Use any of these when revising!
Reply 1
Original post by Joe6753
Hey!!

Here's some tips for how to revise for GCSE's and exams in general! I got 8 top grades with 6 8/9 and full marks in EPQ. From observing how others who got straight 9's did and comparing it with my study technique, here's some advice that I can give.

Revision should be a multiple step process!

> Read any notes you have on the topic 3 times.
By doing so, you will get a somewhat brief understanding of the topic and can explain it in briefer terms!

Reading is honestly underrated. Everyone says it's not active recall...however that's how people I know ppl have gotten 8/9 in a subject.

> Flashcards
I think flashcards are good to just regurgitate the information and really get to know it. Keep doing Ankki or Quizlets until you've nailed that set down.

Do languages, for example, 15 minutes a day and it will add up in the long run!

> Topic Questions
Topic questions are honestly a must!! You are answering a whole set of questions on one topic in one go and it allows you to get a clear understanding of the topic in more depth. Also, it will help you mentally group information together so that you know when you're talking about functional groups or alkanes, that it's to do with Organic Chemistry, so you only answer about organic chemistry information!

> Past Papers
There are so many past papers I'd be surprised if you struggle to run out! Keep doing past papers until you've not got any more left. Once you have gotten to the end, just go and redo them again. Whilst you're recollecting answers you've previously given for that question, you're also regurgitating what the mark scheme said and this allows you to get a similar answer that will score you higher marks.

I suggest printing them out and doing them in black. Then go back with notes and a pencil and fill in what you still don't know. Then you should go and do it with a coloured pen and make sure you take in your mistakes and learn the answer properly.

Mocks will be fast approaching when year 11 starts! Give yourself 3 months atleast and do an hour a day and it will add up! Even if you have 2 weeks left, just give this method a go and it will help boost the grades up!

Trust me: Sometimes you may not have time to revise properly, and that's fine. Just make sure you read the entirety of the notes 3-4 times to get to grips with it.

> Save My Exams
> Physics and Maths Tutor
> Any board endorsed websites
> Any reliable notes

^ Use any of these when revising!

hey do you have save my exams edexel maths answers? if do can you please send the

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending