The Student Room Group

ar my A-levels good enough for medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GrandExecutioner
I think it's because you said you always wanted to do medicine so it was presumed you knew what the UKCAT was. I recommend going away and doing some research. A lot of the questions you asked can easily be answered by a quick google search.

no need to be rude
Original post by HABIBI_
no need to be rude

... I wasn't... I was giving genuine advice. What part did you feel was rude?

Google can easily answer the questions you had and a lot quicker- hence why I recommended it. Stuff like "What is th UKCAT?" is probably best to find out from information online (such as the official UKCAT website) as it can provide more detail and is more reliable than if you obtained the information from a third-party.
Reply 23
Original post by GrandExecutioner
... I wasn't... I was giving genuine advice. What part did you feel was rude?

Google can easily answer the questions you had and a lot quicker- hence why I recommended it. Stuff like "What is th UKCAT?" is probably best to find out from information online (such as the official UKCAT website) as it can provide more detail and is more reliable than if you obtained the information from a third-party.

my tutor told me not to fully trust google
Original post by HABIBI_
my tutor told me not to fully trust google

First your tutor says not to do medicine at a non russel group uni and now not to trust google. Who the **** is your tutor? lol you need to find a new one.

So you decided to go to a forum full of strangers to find the answers lol. In all seriousness TSR is incredibly useful but remember to take everything with a pinch of salt.

In regards to the question at hand, I assure you, you can trust the official UKCAT website to find out what the UKCAT is!
Original post by HABIBI_
i'm an international student. in my country we dont have a ukcat

If you're applying for medicine in the UK, you will still have to do the UKCAT.
Reply 26
thank you everyone. when i am a doctor i shall come back to thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending