The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anyone remember their answers to the calculation q's? i got fairly large numbers so not sure if they were right or not
same, I remember they were both like four digits, can't recall specific numbers but would probs recognise them if ppl posted them
me too...the numbers were quite large because there were like 25 oxygen molecules in the equation...

you do not have to have done transition metals to have known the electronic config of copper since you learn copper and chromium are exceptions when you learn electronic configurations in unit 1 - it's in the bloody book...I haven't done transition metals yet and I got the right answer...

even still, they might accept the other answer if they feel hardly anybody in the country realised it was an exception to the rule
last january the boundary for an A was 46/60...what do you guys think it's gonna be like this january? I'm thinking 44/60???
ps7
i got something liek 1842 dm i think

what did you guys draw for the ice question- water molecules or ice molecules?

yea, I think I got 1841 there
yeah something like that...
Reply 26
I did this exam and it went so wrong. I was hoping for an AS but i took too long on some parts of the questions and therefore did not finish the paper. Well pissed off now. I drew the h30+ thing completely wrong - trigonal planar shape insetad of terahedrally with the lone pair. I left out 10 marks all in all with the q's that i missed. it was so long and pretty hard imo - what did you get for the co2 produced q - i got 44 (rfm of co2) x 16 moles
i know what you mean i was quite pushed for time towards the end because i was slow on the questions that i didn't know...but i managed to finish the paper by becoming a speedy gonzalez in the last 15 minutes (i did the second half of the paper in like 12 minutes)...lol...

i think that mass rings a bell...deffo...!!! the calculations are the marks i'm relying on lol...coz there were more calculation marks than usual...usualyl it's about 5 marks out of the 60 that are maths...this time it was 12 or something...

grade boundary ideas anyone??
Reply 28
aghhhhh i am a year 12 and i took that paper and YEP i completely hate chem now waht a bitch of a paper!!! grrrrrrrr, hopefully i did okay tho im refusing to resit:s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 29
im definitely gonna have to resit im in yr 12 - cant believe i didnt finish the paper - i thought it was going okay about 30 mins into the exam but panicked for the last half when i realised i had 2/3 of the paper left to do. loads of people in my sixth form didnt finish it either. i hate chem now as well - straight after the exam we had a chem lesson where we started unit 2 on enthalpy - had a physical headache after that lesson
Reply 30
TaChYcArDiA
me too...the numbers were quite large because there were like 25 oxygen molecules in the equation...

you do not have to have done transition metals to have known the electronic config of copper since you learn copper and chromium are exceptions when you learn electronic configurations in unit 1 - it's in the bloody book...I haven't done transition metals yet and I got the right answer...

even still, they might accept the other answer if they feel hardly anybody in the country realised it was an exception to the rule

Um really? Can u tell me what page? Coz i really cant find them in my book. And did it just say that copper was an exception or did it also wrote down its electronic configuration. Im sorry, im just preety scared, I hope I still can get good results, because resiting is very expensive for international students. :frown:
Reply 31
liakwen
Um really? Can u tell me what page? Coz i really cant find them in my book. And did it just say that copper was an exception or did it also wrote down its electronic configuration. Im sorry, im just preety scared, I hope I still can get good results, because resiting is very expensive for international students. :frown:

Dont worry, it was only one mark, you'll be fine! I know it was in My module one book as an exception and its also on the sylybus as far as I remember.
Reply 32
hello lovelys does anyone have chemistry UNIT 2 papers?:biggrin: gracias xxx
Reply 33
Does any1 have the actual paper/markscheme to JAN 08 edexcel chemistry? Unit 1 or/and Unit 2?
Krayzee
Does any1 have the actual paper/markscheme to JAN 08 edexcel chemistry? Unit 1 or/and Unit 2?

you can get it here http://thornburycottage.co.uk/chemistry/MS3.html.
Krayzee

http://thornburycottage.co.uk/chemistry/MS3.htm

you can get them here =)
^^ that doesn't have 2008 :frown:
Reply 37
Does anyone have the edexcel chem jan 2008 papers for AS and A2?????? please pple help! yes the marking scheme is there in that site.
There are some pple out there who just download everything from here but do not help others by posting some useful stuff...come on can't we ALL help each together???
anyways didnt mean to be rude or impolite.

Latest

Trending

Trending