The Student Room Group

Does LSE accept pure science(ALEVEL SUBJECTS) students for economics course?

Hi,I'd like to ask if LSE accepts students who chose biology,physics,chemistry and math(pure science) in A-LEVELS ? This is because I've heard people say that you have to study further math or economics to get admissioned.
Also,should I choose economics or PPE if i want to be a banker?
Hope someone answers my queries,thanks!:smile:
Original post by victortee
Hi,I'd like to ask if LSE accepts students who chose biology,physics,chemistry and math(pure science) in A-LEVELS ? This is because I've heard people say that you have to study further math or economics to get admissioned.
Also,should I choose economics or PPE if i want to be a banker?
Hope someone answers my queries,thanks!:smile:

I'm a first year at LSE, and everybody I know on the economics course did Further Maths A-level. It's basically an unwritten rule that you have to have it.

Even if you did get an offer, I think you'd really struggle with the course having not done further maths A-level: in first year, for example, you do only one economics module, and two maths modules (one pure maths, one stats). It is far more mathematical than most economics undergraduate courses.

For what it's worth, the standard A-level combination for BSc Economics Students is Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics.
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
I'm a first year at LSE, and everybody I know on the economics course did Further Maths A-level. It's basically an unwritten rule that you have to have it.

Even if you did get an offer, I think you'd really struggle with the course having not done further maths A-level: in first year, for example, you do only one economics module, and two maths modules (one pure maths, one stats). It is far more mathematical than most economics undergraduate courses.

For what it's worth, the standard A-level combination for BSc Economics Students is Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics.

okay!Thanks for your help ~Have a nice day!
You didn't even try googling 'lse economics entry requirements' did you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending