LSE Politics and Economics Applicants

Watch this thread
Akash1234567
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello there,

If you are applying for Politics and Economics please state:
Predicted/Achieved Grades (A level or IB)
GCSE Grades
Where else you are applying

My stats:
Predicted - A*A*A* (Maths, Economics, Politics)
Achieved - A* in EPQ
GCSEs - 2 9s, 4 8s , 2 7s, 2 6s + B in FSMQ.
I am also applying to: Warwick (Rejected) , Birmingham (Offer: CCC/AAB), KCL (Offer: A*AA) and Cambridge (Interview but then Rejected).

Good luck to all of you!
Last edited by Akash1234567; 1 year ago
Year12Studentt
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied to KCL (PPE) and UCL (Politics and International Relations). I have yet to add my other three choices. I was thinking of applying to LSE as a long shot if I got accepted to one of the above unis. For KCL, what course have you been offered to study (PPE/Political Economy).
Akash1234567
Rep:
(Original post by Year12Studentt)
I’ve applied to KCL (PPE) and UCL (Politics and International Relations). I have yet to add my other three choices. I was thinking of applying to LSE as a long shot if I got accepted to one of the above unis. For KCL, what course have you been offered to study (PPE/Political Economy).
Hello there! I have been offered to study Political Economy BA/BSc! Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Predicted - A*A A (Maths, Economics, German)
GCSEs - 1 9s, 6 8s, 3 6s
I am also applying to: Warwick (Economics, Politics and International Studies), Nottingham (Economics), UCL (Economics), and Loughborough (Economics).
Daniboro
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello!!

I am an international student (French system) and I received a predicted of A*A*A* for Maths, Economics and HGGSP (History Geography Geopolitics Political Science).

I applied to LSE (Politics and Economics), UCL (History, Politics and Econ (received an offer: AAA)), King's (Political Econ)(offer: A*AA), Warwick (politics, economics and international relations)(Offer: A*AA) and Exeter (Politics and Econ (Offer: AAB))

Still waiting on my LSE offer... Fingers crossed!
Last edited by Daniboro; 1 year ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Hi, international applicant here
Predicted: A*A*A*AB; Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Biology, EPQ respectively
AS level: AAAA
Gcses: A*A*A*AAAAB + C(further pure gcse maths), not great I know
Applied to:
UCL (PPE)- takes ages
offer received: KCL (political econ A*AA), Manchester (AAB), Bristol(AAA)- both for pol and econ.

GL to all, im worried about my ps and gcses T_T
al33sha
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello
Predicted - A*A*A* (Maths, Economics, History) Achieved - GCSEs - 999988887
Applied to: LSE, Warwick, Durham, Cambridge
Last edited by al33sha; 1 year ago
al33sha
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone had a Politics and Economics offer yet?
Akash1234567
Rep:
(Original post by al33sha)
I Don’t think so
al33sha
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Akash1234567)
I Don’t think so
Thanks! Someone told me that the first batch of offers came out today - they're taking so long...
Cricket008
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by al33sha)
yes
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cricket008)
yes
You got an offer??
Cricket008
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You got an offer??
mi amigo did
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cricket008)
mi amigo did
Wow...Do you know when did she receive her offer?
Cocoooollkid123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How much econ or pol or both did u guys put in ur ps? what extra or super curricular activities eg. internship? if u dont mind sharing...
Last edited by Cocoooollkid123; 1 year ago
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Predicted - A*A A (Maths, Economics, German)
GCSEs - 1 9s, 6 8s, 3 6s
I am also applying to: Warwick (Economics, Politics and International Studies), Nottingham (Economics), UCL (Economics), and Loughborough (Economics).
did u get in to warwick or lse?
Xeryxer
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cocoooollkid123)
How much econ or pol or both did u guys put in ur ps? what extra or super curricular activities eg. internship? if u dont mind sharing...
I did very little Politics (like 30%-40%)mainly because I wasn't planning on applying to anything but I'm only predicted a 6 in HL IB maths. On the website it says they're looking for 'an equal interest' so I'm fairly sure that's the one thing that would hold my application back :/ wbu?
Xeryxer
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Predicted: 776 HL 766 SL
GCSE: 99888888776A*A*
Where else you are applying: Nottingham (offer), Bristol (offer), King's (waiting), Edinburgh (waiting) - all pure econ
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xeryxer)
Predicted: 776 HL 766 SL
GCSE: 99888888776A*A*
Where else you are applying: Nottingham (offer), Bristol (offer), King's (waiting), Edinburgh (waiting) - all pure econ
When did you apply?
Xeryxer
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
When did you apply?
December 10th

I've seen one offer go out for Edinburgh today but feel like it's gonna be a long wait
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (136)
39.77%
They're exactly what I expected (85)
24.85%