The Student Room Group

I NEED HELP PLEASE!. What alevel subjects should I take?

If i want to pursue finance/econ or business administration, should i take the combination math, economics and business studies OR switch business studies with accounting because i've heard some universities, especially a few from the russel group consider Alevel Business and Economics as "overlapping". I don't know if they're considered full credit subjects too.

Secondly I'm somewhat interested in computer science too, but physics is required to be taken along with it.

That leaves me with three options
Eco, math, accounting
Eco, math, business,
Eco, math, computer science. Are they all accepted by universities (especially in the UK and canada)
(edited 6 months ago)
Economics, Maths and Computer Science. The most important part is that you do Maths however I think doing Computer Science shows a wider variety of interest especially if you change your mind about the course. But honestly all you truly need is the Economics and Maths so do whatever you'd enjoy the most bc A-Levels aren't that fun
Reply 2
Original post by Babababababa
Economics, Maths and Computer Science. The most important part is that you do Maths however I think doing Computer Science shows a wider variety of interest especially if you change your mind about the course. But honestly all you truly need is the Economics and Maths so do whatever you'd enjoy the most bc A-Levels aren't that fun

Thanks for replying!. I intitally took the combination you reccomended but alot of people told me that I'd need alevel physics if I'm going to study computer science. Would universities even accept this combination? (Especially the ones in the UK, russel group specifically and Canadian unis)
Look on the UniGuide for your favourite universities and compare the subjects taken then choose accordingly
Original post by Fatima217
If i want to pursue finance/econ or business administration, should i take the combination math, economics and business studies OR switch business studies with accounting because i've heard some universities, especially a few from the russel group consider Alevel Business and Economics as "overlapping". I don't know if they're considered full credit subjects too.

Secondly I'm somewhat interested in computer science too, but physics is required to be taken along with it.

That leaves me with three options
Eco, math, accounting
Eco, math, business,
Eco, math, computer science. Are they all accepted by universities (especially in the UK and canada)

I would suggest that the best option would be to do economics, maths and computer science as you are right in thinking that business and economics overall too much, but I would also advise against doing accounting as some universities do not like it, such as lse (https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information) for example.

Quick Reply

Latest