The Student Room Group

Dog grooming vs Biomedical Scientist

I know this is such a random title and I'm completely conflicted with how to answer this question myself.

Basically, I have always enjoyed Science since GCSE and am currently doing an Access to HE course in Science in order to gain entry into a Biomedical Science degree and then become a Biomedical Scientist within the NHS. I have bad anxiety so I do this from home..

I have recently just got a puppy after wanting one for years and years and I have always vaguely considered careers with animals, (as i have with every career to be honest), but thought it wouldn't be foreseeable since I have never owned animals, particularly dogs. But since having my puppy it has kind of confirmed to me my commitment, love and passion for dogs to be honest. They honestly make me so happy and content, and my dog has considerably helped with my depression and anxiety. Because of this, I have considered a dog grooming career, but the downside of this is the money. I already know what it's like to struggle earning a low wage, and I know that a low wage ultimately leads to a lot of problems in life when it comes to financial security. When comparing the salary of £17,000 a year(ish) maybe £21,000 a year if you become a salon manager at pets at home, to the salary of a Biomedical Scientist starting at £21,000 and progressing way higher. I can't help but feel I would regret not pursuing the career and University down the line.

I feel dog grooming would make me so happy, and be less stressful, which is ultimately better for my mental health. but the money side is a major downfall. I feel I would really enjoy BM but I can't be certain of either career and how happy it will make me. A part of me wants to try a few years of dog grooming, and then pursue uni down the line if it's not fulfilling me, but I don't want to waste time anymore..

I sometimes think if I pursue the Biomedical Science route, I would be able to afford all the dogs I want but I don't know. I'm really unsure.

Any help/opinions would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks
Do the dog grooming
Reply 2
Original post by Mendeley Desktop
Do the dog grooming and sell your body of the side part-time.

I would smell of dog all the time???
Original post by Anonymous
I would smell of dog all the time???

thats probably somebodys kink

Quick Reply

Latest