The Student Room Group

Biomedical sciences degree?

I am currently in yr12 at sixth form and i do Chemistry, Biology, and English Lit. a rough estimate of my predicted grades would be AAB-ABB. Which unis would be best for me and what type of work experience would you recommend.
Reply 1
what uni would be best for you depends on what you prefer. a city vs closed campus, Russel group or not, size of campus and what modules they teach etc. in terms of work experience I did a lot of online courses related to biomed and also to the job of a biomedical scientist just so I could see what the job would be like and if I was interested in it. Springpod has good courses for looking into the job of an NHS biomedical scientist. I used LabXchange and the open university to do courses on biomed topics (gel electrophoresis set up, intro to histopathology etc) which I used in my personal statement to show my interest in the course. in person work experience isn't required and post-covid online and in person work experience is viewed mostly equally, but if you wanted in person lab experience some local hospitals offer work experience lab rotations during the holiday or you can look online for some.
Reply 2
i would want to study at a Russel group uni and idrc about the campus or the size of it. I mainly care about their academic reputation of the uni

Quick Reply

Latest