The Student Room Group

Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miriambel
Have they not mentioned anything to you about delays because of the Coronavirus because the met recruitment team have said they’re not releasing new day 3s etc I was just wondering

Not yet! I’m expecting they will. Has anyone who is due to start end of March heard from recruitment?
Original post by Clarabelle124
Not yet! I’m expecting they will. Has anyone who is due to start end of March heard from recruitment?

Thank you for your reply! Amazing, I will be sure to concentrate on the competencies.

As for the days being suspended etc, I called recruitment the other day as I have to book a hotel to stay overnight and they said as far as it goes the dates are going ahead for the end of this month, and they can only tell us what they know thus far. Whether or not that will change is another question? I know I keep getting news updates about how London is a hotspot for Covid-19 so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.
Reply 902
Is anyone due to start before summer this year? I am and was hoping I'd be able to chat with them about it all. Drop me a message if you want :smile:
Original post by Jennyshaw
Hi! I’m also due to start on the July intake. Do you know anyone who has completed the TDC training and what the training schedule looks like? Just interested to know at what stage we do the uniform role and if we are in our borough whilst studying for the NIE or if that’s classroom based/online/home study? Appreciate you’re probably in the same boat as me and don’t know.

Thanks in advance

I finished my classroom training about 6 weeks ago and passed NIE last month. Here’s a summary:

You do about 20 weeks classroom training. This includes 3 periods of ‘coached patrol’ (working in your borough).

The training is generally a week of 7-3 and a week of 2-10, Monday to Friday. This does vary slightly from week to week.

During training you have a lot of assessments; 3 x KRE exams (multiple choice legislation based), practical assessments (handcuffing, stop and search etc. All these require a fair bit of independent study and practice.

You study for NIE in your own time. The exam sits 3 times a year and you normally sit it after your 20 weeks of classroom training. It can be as much as 2 or 3 months after you’ve finished at Hendon.

Whilst at Hendon you mainly learn about Met processes and policies and how to use the various awful IT systems. All the legal stuff and NIE has to done in your own time.

Regarding the uniform role. Different BOCUs do different things. Some rotate you to different teams for a few months, and some just stick you straight in the detective role. It really varies. Both have their advantages.

Good luck.
Original post by DCwannabe
I finished my classroom training about 6 weeks ago and passed NIE last month. Here’s a summary:

You do about 20 weeks classroom training. This includes 3 periods of ‘coached patrol’ (working in your borough).

The training is generally a week of 7-3 and a week of 2-10, Monday to Friday. This does vary slightly from week to week.

During training you have a lot of assessments; 3 x KRE exams (multiple choice legislation based), practical assessments (handcuffing, stop and search etc. All these require a fair bit of independent study and practice.

You study for NIE in your own time. The exam sits 3 times a year and you normally sit it after your 20 weeks of classroom training. It can be as much as 2 or 3 months after you’ve finished at Hendon.

Whilst at Hendon you mainly learn about Met processes and policies and how to use the various awful IT systems. All the legal stuff and NIE has to done in your own time.

Regarding the uniform role. Different BOCUs do different things. Some rotate you to different teams for a few months, and some just stick you straight in the detective role. It really varies. Both have their advantages.

Good luck.

This sounds quite cool but hasn’t anyone due to start training in the coming months been contacted by recruitment because of covid, or has any delay with vetting also
Reply 905
Original post by Miriambel
This sounds quite cool but hasn’t anyone due to start training in the coming months been contacted by recruitment because of covid, or has any delay with vetting also

As far as I know all the training is going ahead as normal
I start date is at the end of April. Just got an email inviting me to join a pre-intake live Q & A on 16th April. Anyone else got the same email ?
Original post by R_London
I start date is at the end of April. Just got an email inviting me to join a pre-intake live Q & A on 16th April. Anyone else got the same email ?

Yup same here
Reply 908
Anyone who was on meet and engage today?
Recruitment said it might start online
Reply 910
Yeah that was one of the answers I got before I couldn't send any more questions for some reason. Tried to log back in and it won't let me. I am wondering if you are one of those who have to attend at hendon on the first day will you be able to drive there to avoid public transport?
Hi, anyone due to start April/May have any update with regards to delays?

Thanks
Reply 912
Hi, anyone due to start April/May have any update with regards to delays?

Thanks

Hey I start in 2 weeks, there is no delays as far as I know to the start date. It will be distant learning till things settle down. That's what I got told on meet and engage online chat
Reply 913
Has anyone just recently passed vetting or been offered a start date? I'm waiting for mine to clear (hopefully) and wondering how soon I would be able to start! How long did it take for people to hear back about vetting? Thanks!
Original post by vepp96
Has anyone just recently passed vetting or been offered a start date? I'm waiting for mine to clear (hopefully) and wondering how soon I would be able to start! How long did it take for people to hear back about vetting? Thanks!

Hi, I completed the detective day in Jan and was offered a conditional offer in Feb for start date in July. Still waiting on pre employment checks for the unconditional offer
Reply 915
Hi, I completed the detective day in Jan and was offered a conditional offer in Feb for start date in July. Still waiting on pre employment checks for the unconditional offer

Thanks! Weird because it seems that most people are offered a start date with their conditional offer, but I haven't yet, despite my vetting has been sent off and everything. So I don't really know what's happening. Wow you must have been waiting a long time then!!
What is the age range of most people starting (if you don’t mind me asking?)- early/late 20’s, early/late 30’s or other?
Reply 917
Physically mid 30s mentally early 20s that's me 😊
Reply 918
I'm 23 :smile:
Reply 919
Original post by vepp96
Thanks! Weird because it seems that most people are offered a start date with their conditional offer, but I haven't yet, despite my vetting has been sent off and everything. So I don't really know what's happening. Wow you must have been waiting a long time then!!

Normally you get your starting date about 3 weeks into vetting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending