The Student Room Group

Is there another way to get into crime careers without a degree?

Is there another way to get into detective, CSI without a degree such as a degree apprentice or something. I have been looking at degree apprentices for a while but i can see any related to crime and stuff. ive seen police contable apprentices but i dont want to do it
Original post by heyidontknowwhat
Is there another way to get into detective, CSI without a degree such as a degree apprentice or something. I have been looking at degree apprentices for a while but i can see any related to crime and stuff. ive seen police contable apprentices but i dont want to do it

I'm pretty sure that you cannot become a detective without first having spent some time as a police constable. Getting into forensic science/CSI might be possible through a college course if you have strong science A-levels, I recall that there have been some summer school holiday courses on this for students in yr12 but I do not recall the exact details - look at providers such as the smallpeice trust etc as it is the kind of thing that they do.
Reply 2
Original post by heyidontknowwhat

Forensics Officers are taught in-house to national standards, so you basically wait until you see a job ad for one and then apply and they train you up.

There's currently one job available at Met : https://www.met.police.uk/car/careers/met/police-staff-roles/police-staff-vacancies/trainee-fingerprint-examiner/overview/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending