The Student Room Group

internet connection problem at home

hi

i am trying to connect to the internet on my home computer but i keep getting the following message

Error message: "Please check your internet connection or try again later"

Can anyone please help me with this issue?
Reply 1
Probably a issue within your area, call up your broadband provider and find out what’s the problem meanwhile reset your router
Original post by dimond is key
hi

i am trying to connect to the internet on my home computer but i keep getting the following message

It could be any number of problems from not having paid your bill to road works.

Phone your internet company and see what's going on, they'll walk you through the steps to get it back up and running.
Reply 3
Do some basic checks before you phone them as they'll only ask you to do them whilst you're on the phone:

Reset the router
Try connecting to the router by cable (to establish if the problem is just the wireless connection)
Unplug the router both at the telephone point and the power point. Leave it a few minutes then reconnect.
Original post by dimond is key
hi

This could be hundreds of problems! As suggested above, it'd probably be best for you to contact your broadband provider as they'll be able to give you a step-by-step.

This thread should be in the Tech forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:
Original post by RoyalSheepy
This could be hundreds of problems! As suggested above, it'd probably be best for you to contact your broadband provider as they'll be able to give you a step-by-step.

This thread should be in the Tech forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:

No panic I have moved it now :yy:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
It could be any number of problems from not having paid your bill to road works.

Phone your internet company and see what's going on, they'll walk you through the steps to get it back up and running.

no i have not :")
Original post by Rock Fan
No panic I have moved it now :yy:

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending