The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Eduroam Wifi - No internet issue

I am not able to get internet on my laptop through the eduroam wifi. The lap is getting connected to the wifi, but the internet is not working. I use the same eduroam wifi on my phone which has no issues with the internet. Who at the university should I approach to get this fixed?
Original post by Abk037
I am not able to get internet on my laptop through the eduroam wifi. The lap is getting connected to the wifi, but the internet is not working. I use the same eduroam wifi on my phone which has no issues with the internet. Who at the university should I approach to get this fixed?

Are you sure that your phone is using the WiFi, and not using it's "mobile data" signal instead? If your phone is genuinely connecting to the internet through the the eduroam WiFi connection, and not mobile data, then eduroam itself is clearly working. Are you using the same credentials on both devices?

I suggest you contact IT services (it.surrey.ac.uk/connecting-internet) at 01483 689898. Other ways to contact them (including live chat) are here.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending