The Student Room Group

Student accommodation lan cable connection to PS5 error

So recently I have moved to a student accommodation and the wireless wifi sucks and I could barely run anything on my PS5 with wireless connection. So I bought a LAN cable and it’s not letting me connect. Everytime I try to connect it gives me this message
your internet service provider or your router might be preventing your ps5 from connecting to the internet your internet service provider or your router might be preventing your ps5 from connecting to the internet. Make sure you can connect to the internet via the same network as your ps5 by testing the connection using your computer or mobile device.” Then there’s a prompt at the bottom that says how to authenticate but it’s useless. If anyone came across this issue and found a way to fix plz let me know.
Reply 1
Did you ever get this fixed?
Buy a switch box. Connect the laptop to the main connection and the PS5 and whatever else after. When you log into your laptop the rest should connect automatically.

Buy TP-LINK TL-SG105E Network Switch - 5 port | Currys - Something like this.
it may be that the hardwired network restrcits certain devices from connecting via it , as has been suggested a router may be required so the netwrok just seems your router as the connected device and you can use the router asa switch to have multiple devices connected to one physical socket
Original post by random_matt
Buy a switch box. Connect the laptop to the main connection and the PS5 and whatever else after. When you log into your laptop the rest should connect automatically.

Buy TP-LINK TL-SG105E Network Switch - 5 port | Currys - Something like this.

Im in bangor uni. I got a pc connected by ethernet so if i get this switch will i be able to use ethernet and not lag on ps5
Original post by TylerWilliams03
Im in bangor uni. I got a pc connected by ethernet so if i get this switch will i be able to use ethernet and not lag on ps5

Should be fine.
My ethernet port at my uni dorms is like a socket in the wall and i got 3 ethernet cablesso once it arrives do i connect the socket to the 1st port, pc to 2nd and 3rd to ps5? And once i log onto to pc, the ps5 should gain access to theinternet then? And does the pc need to always be on for it to work
Original post by TylerWilliams03
My ethernet port at my uni dorms is like a socket in the wall and i got 3 ethernet cablesso once it arrives do i connect the socket to the 1st port, pc to 2nd and 3rd to ps5? And once i log onto to pc, the ps5 should gain access to theinternet then? And does the pc need to always be on for it to work

Just follow the instructions.
The wall will go into one of them. Laptop into another and the PS5 into another too.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending