The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

priya
if i snorkel a couple of bottles thats me done for the night.....

:tongue:
englishstudent
:rolleyes: that little bit of culture.

well you can give me another good one if you want? :smile:
Tried to pull my boss in front of his wife. I don't work there anymore, funnily enough.
Reply 43
September 2002, got drunk on 3 cups of strong German cider followed by 2 litre cartons of red wine, "strolled" around the garden for about half an hour, then on my way to bed fell into the living room where my parents were watching TV, they thought I had taken an overdose and rushed me to hospital where I spent the entire night swearing, and singing "Red Red Wine" by UB40. Apparently.
Reply 44
I don't think I can repeat the things I've done whilst drunk on here....I'll get a reputation :rolleyes:
Reply 45
woman
Islam doesnt allow us to be intoxicated

becoz it only results in trouble

like one of u mentioned, sleeping wid other men...then comes baby

just trouble
many stories of rape ...ppl spikin ur drinks etc

who do u blame when that happens? u blame urself i bet!

i think that you try hard to battle against this culture, and i think that you raise too many negatives, which could all be true... but dont arent necessarily just the result of drink... seriously drink can sometimes be good, but u can only comment on positives/negatives once you have tried it.
Reply 46
KerChing
i think that you try hard to battle against this culture, and i think that you raise too many negatives, which could all be true... but dont arent necessarily just the result of drink... seriously drink can sometimes be good, but u can only comment on positives/negatives once you have tried it.

no i can comment on it, becoz my religion has stated why it is wrong to drink.

and i can see it around me

how many westerners lose their jobs families etc becoz they are alcoholics

etc

look at the violence on friday nights...if only they didnt drink :rolleyes:
Reply 47
KerChing

I can see where you are coming from but by that reasoning it seems that it would be neccessary to jump in fire to know it probabaly will burn u
Reply 48
anisah
I can see where you are coming from but by that reasoning it seems that it would be neccessary to jump in fire to know it probabaly will burn u

yeah i knew someone would come up with that.. its just that someone who has never drunk alcohol WILL know the negatives, but will never experience the positives, such as feeling more sociable, relaxed and also a lot more hyper in some cases
Reply 49
woman
no i can comment on it, becoz my religion has stated why it is wrong to drink.

and i can see it around me

how many westerners lose their jobs families etc becoz they are alcoholics

etc

look at the violence on friday nights...if only they didnt drink :rolleyes:

i see your point, but there are some people who dont go out and drink to cause violence, but rather to have a good time... and in my opinion some people can handle the drink that they are given more than others.
fell over and picked myself up by grabbing onto a cactus.

MB
Reply 51
musicboy
fell over and picked myself up by grabbing onto a cactus.

MB

LOL nerd :tongue:
Reply 52
KerChing
yeah i knew someone would come up with that.. its just that someone who has never drunk alcohol WILL know the negatives, but will never experience the positives, such as feeling more sociable, relaxed and also a lot more hyper in some cases

yes fair enough but knowing the positives maybe enough for some and may not be enough to induce drinking, as they r cancelled out by the negatives

p.s I take it you drink?
Alcohol is good when you're sensible about it. The only time I've ever got really badly drunk was when I was with people I trusted, all the drinks were free and I knew I would get home safely. Other than that, I enjoy wine with meals and have a few drinks when I go out in pubs and clubs. As long as you know your limit, it's fine. I enjoy the buzz alcohol gives me. I like being more relaxed and sociable around people. It's fun. :tongue:
Reply 54
anisah
yes fair enough but knowing the positives maybe enough for some and may not be enough to induce drinking, as they r cancelled out by the negatives

p.s I take it you drink?

yeah again agree with post, but have never been completely smashed... and i do think that drinking attitudes are slightly changing... you dont have to drink to get smashed anymore, which is much better as it will hopefully lead to less violence.
Reply 55
I can't poss begin to tell all my tales..tbh i spent most of my first year at college ( i was a year behind so already 18 so it was legal tyvm all the peeps who moan) drunk...great memories...my mate fell asleep with her head in a loo whilst i passed on on the floor and woke up 10hrs later to find someone had put me to bed..i had somehow put my PJ's on OVER THE TOP of my clothes...i've pretended to be santa and put spray cream all over my face pretending it was a beard...i've done stuff i couldn't poss tell you in this forum :tongue:

oh and there was the time we got drunk in halls and the police turned up as someone had broken in. they came into the common room we were in to ask if we'd heard anything and someone yelled "WOO HERE ARE THE STRIPPERS" oops...
Reply 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anisah

p.s I take it you drink?

yeah again agree with post, but have never been completely smashed... and i do think that drinking attitudes are slightly changing... you dont have to drink to get smashed anymore, which is much better as it will hopefully lead to less violence.

hve to say getting used to the following sort of reply "agre............. but" LOL

P.S HAVE TO SAY SOME OF THESE STORIES DID MAKE ME LAUGH
Reply 57
anisah

hve to say getting used to the following sort of reply "agre............. but" LOL

lol.. i did agree fully, i just said "but i havent got smashed", just to say that i havent yet been as fully hammered as the other members of this forum
I've gone and told about 20 girls (on the same night) that I've fancied them for ages...including a very good mate, and ended up not talking properly for ages...She was probably fine about it, but I felt awkward as f*** for about a year. Not good.

Had plenty of fights, which is even worse because I'm a boxer, and I can handle myself pretty well. I've never started one, but drinks removes a lot barriers you'd never normally push. Having said that, I haven't had a drunken fight for about 2 years.

Told mates what annoys me about them, told randoms what annoys me about them, had big arguments with close mates...

I handle alcohol a lot better now, and I always make sure I eat first. Kebab at the start of the night, not at the end!
Reply 59
Hmmm when i got really drunk when i was 14.... On one night i managed to:

1. Get drunk and drink 3 Litres of Cider (after that i dont remember)
2. Collapse in a school (last thing i remember :P)
3. Give away my Wallet to a total stranger: I dropped it supposedly and when he asked me whose wallet it was i told him it wasnt mine.... ya stupid i know
4. Somehow managed to lay in the road as a police car drove by.
5. Managed to stumble home, believed that the outside bin was my bed and tried to climb into it.
6. Was force fed cofee by my parents for 2 hrs or so, about 6 coffee.
7. This eventually led me to barf alot.
8. Woke up on a towel over my pillow
9. recovered My wallet from person i gave it to, no money left in it tho....

That was horrible :P.

Latest

Trending

Trending