The Student Room Group

Feel behind all other people my age

I’m a 15yr old girl and feel like I’m so inexperienced lol like everyone else my age goes to parties and drinks and does stuff with boys but I haven’t done any of that. Like I haven’t kissed anyone or drunk in a social setting. I sound so lame rn but it’s not even like i’m unwilling, I just haven’t had the chance. It’s not like I’m super ugly like I’ve been asked out a few times in the street and stuff, but I go to an all girls school so all these things happen at parties which I’ve just never been invited to. Idk I know it’s normal but how come so many other people in my year have done so much, I feel like I’m wasting my teenage years
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a 15yr old girl and feel like I’m so inexperienced lol like everyone else my age goes to parties and drinks and does stuff with boys but I haven’t done any of that. Like I haven’t kissed anyone or drunk in a social setting. I sound so lame rn but it’s not even like i’m unwilling, I just haven’t had the chance. It’s not like I’m super ugly like I’ve been asked out a few times in the street and stuff, but I go to an all girls school so all these things happen at parties which I’ve just never been invited to. Idk I know it’s normal but how come so many other people in my year have done so much, I feel like I’m wasting my teenage years

I don’t think it’s wasting teenage years focusing on education because it actually leads you to somewhere lmao good use of the word inexperienced :rolleyes:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Have you ever thought that you're ahead of other people your age as you're not behaving immaturely?

When I was 15 I was in Air Cadets, did various hobbies, charity work, had decided on my career, met friends to shop, go cycling, play music. That's the kind of thing you should focus on, because you can then say "I've done so much." Wanting to drink and snog boys isn't much of an ambition...
(edited 8 months ago)
Could be worse. I'm 22 and still haven't really done any of those things. Honestly, I have no idea when it's normal to do them. I do vaguely remember people quite surprised at me when I was roughly 15 or 16 that I haven't been in a relationship yet. But if 15 is actually the new norm when you start doing that kind of stuff in school nowadays, then yikes.
Reply 4
Honestly you just sound sensible and you don't sound like you're behind in anything at all. I knew a lot of girls from my school that did things like this and I also went to an all girls school; I've never really understood why all those things are so hyped up because it's really not all that - I've not done all those things either but I've still done a lot in life

. The drunk thing is something you should avoid actually, I went on a residential trip once in sixth form and a girl tried vodka for the first time and became extremely drunk, she was falling all over the place and seriously embarrassing herself by posting drunk videos of herself online and drunk calling people. We were all really worried about her and it was very difficult to look after her, she was lucky that she had good friends looking after her in that situation, but I can't fathom what would have happened if she didn't have people to look after her.

You don't sound lame and you're not wasting your teenage years. If you need ideas for things to do then you could try doing things like volunteering and getting work experience for your future, there's things like NCS and lots of student competitions. Try some new hobbies and go travelling around local cities with your friends. You could even try looking at mini bucket lists for your teenage years and make a scrapbook of all your memories. Try a 'wreck it journal' and go on all the trips your school is offering. You're not behind, you're not lame, you sound like somone who has their priorities straight :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending