The Student Room Group

AQA Art exam 2018

Just read the AQA art exam paper and all the topics are terrible and none of them interest me in the slightest. Having a lot of trouble with choosing a section and generating ideas for it. Any help??
Please can you send a list of all of the topics?
Also, which level are you working at - GCSE, AS or A2?
You don't have to do them literally, I had something I wanted to do last year before the topics came out and just worded my project name cleverly and related it back to the original question and it was fine. If anything it's better not to just do a literal interpretation as think how many the examiner will see
Original post by Betsy_2018
Also, which level are you working at - GCSE, AS or A2?

The topics were: Nature transformed, Scandinavian Design, Wildfowl and Poultry, Mother and Child, Crustacean, Dance, Recycled and then Lighting. These are all for A2.
Original post by AmazingCoupe
The topics were: Nature transformed, Scandinavian Design, Wildfowl and Poultry, Mother and Child, Crustacean, Dance, Recycled and then Lighting. These are all for A2.

OK, so some of those are quite general and some of them more specific. Maybe write out each one that interests you on a piece of paper and make a mind map of possible ideas, artists, linked themes, movements, etc.
Reply 6
Original post by AmazingCoupe

Just by chance do you happen to know the topics for the AS paper??
Original post by CoolCavy
You don't have to do them literally, I had something I wanted to do last year before the topics came out and just worded my project name cleverly and related it back to the original question and it was fine. If anything it's better not to just do a literal interpretation as think how many the examiner will see

This is really helpful actually, if I play it right I guess I could do something I wanted and twist it towards a topic but again this requires even more planning:/
Original post by Betsy_2018
OK, so some of those are quite general and some of them more specific. Maybe write out each one that interests you on a piece of paper and make a mind map of possible ideas, artists, linked themes, movements, etc.

I think this is something I definitely need to do, hopefully a good idea occurs
Original post by Jwilman
Just by chance do you happen to know the topics for the AS paper??

Nah sorry I don’t have a clue, for AQA our course is two years so there is no AS exam questions anymore it’s just A2 at the end of the course:frown:
You've got to think abstract, and with these themes it's quite hard tbh. But I can try to give some ideas.

Recycled doesn't have to mean rubbish, but you can use natural materials (dried flowers/leaves/stones/shells) to make art. More figuratively, it can be any 'mixed up' looking surreal thing. Think 'the weeping woman' by Picasso.

Nature transformed could be transforming nature into decoration. Look up Marco Mazzoni's art with the insects and flowers in female portraits, I think they're beautiful. You could also think about metamorphosis or nature's clash with urbanisation.

Hope this helps at least a bit :smile:
Find something that you like the look of or like doing.
Then try and link to one of the questions
I’m doing movement for mine as part of human figure
Could you please post a pic of the A2 paper so we could see the artists related to each topic? :smile:
hi how can find this paper i need to findf the mother and child recommened artists but i cant find the paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending