Does the GCSE subject specification outline all areas you need to know? Watch

allenpc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So if I'm revising physics, I just structure my revision notes based on the spec, and then take information from the textbook/revision guide, on each bullet point on the spec? Is sticking solely to the spec and then writing out the relevant information from textbooks/revision guides a good idea? Or is it better to take notes first from these sources and then check the spec afterwards, like a checklist?

I ask because I'm worried that I'm wasting too much time when I don't consult the spec when taking notes, but I'm also worried that if I structure my notes based on the spec, there is some background information/extra detail that is missing.

Thanks
allenpc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Bump
Oneiropólos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by allenpc)
So if I'm revising physics, I just structure my revision notes based on the spec, and then take information from the textbook/revision guide, on each bullet point on the spec? Is sticking solely to the spec and then writing out the relevant information from textbooks/revision guides a good idea? Or is it better to take notes first from these sources and then check the spec afterwards, like a checklist?

I ask because I'm worried that I'm wasting too much time when I don't consult the spec when taking notes, but I'm also worried that if I structure my notes based on the spec, there is some background information/extra detail that is missing.

Thanks
No need to worry, I’m doing the exact same thing with all my science subjects + geography and psychology.

To prove my point I’v had some tests lately on geography and chemistry and it nailed me an A* in chemistry and an A in geography.

Don’t panic lol, what you’re doing is much smarter and more logical than attempting to memorize a textbook full of information that you don’t need.

The spec are the answers to your exam.

Stick with it and you’re heading for aces all around for your results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.9%
No (385)
72.1%

Watched Threads