The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

UWE vs Bristol ?

I want to study Childhood Studies in September, and cant choose between UWE Bristol or UoB. UWE is actually really highly credited for it and from the open day the people who spoke about it seemed really passionate and knowledgable and the content looks so interesting. Plus my offer is lower.

Bristol is obviously a much more prestigious university, and is viewed much higher by employers and has better facilities etc. So I cant decide. Again my course looks really interesting but it is more exam based which I am not a fan of. And again obviously my offer is higher for Bristol - although it is what I'm aiming for, it is a greater push.

So basically, how important is it what uni you go to employability wise? Like would a degree from UoB be more valuable than one from UWE?

And which is better as a univeristity for student life and everything else, I've heard both have a good nightlife but I must admit Bristol does appear to be more buzzing due to being in the city centre which I would definitely enjoy.

Thanks in advanced !
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
There is no such thing as a 'better' University - its which one is better for you. Yes, Bristol is more academically demanding than UWE but many people enjoy that sort of atmosphere. UWE's degree tend to me more practical/vocationally focussed and again its about personal choice. Check what 'extras' are on offer at each Uni - possibility of study abroad, placements, optional units in other subjects etc, plus cost of housing/bus travel, assessment method etc. Look at the Open Day films on YouTube - or think back to the Open Days you went to - which one felt more 'comfortable' for you and you needs/interests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending