The Student Room Group

I want to build a Gaming PC and need advice on the Build

Hi there :biggrin:
I'm a complete noob at gaming PC's.
I've been playing and working on the same laptop for many years.
As much as I love my laptop for still being moderately fast at loading things and being able to run various games, I'm fed up with having to play FPS games or just any visually appealing games on the lowest graphics, and get only 16-25 fps depending on the area and game. (I mean its an office laptop, I can't expect much from it :P)

My budget.... is something I'm not sure about since I'm a student and I do not work currently but I'm planning to very soon. But for now I will say £1000 - £1500 ish range. (or less, if you can make it good and cheap!)
I want this pc to last me years of not upgrading, while also being able to store my assignment work , documents etc and still run and load up games quickly with good fps :smile:

TLDR; I would like someone to help me build my very first PC.

I'm really putting my trust here on you guys so please help me sincerely ^_^
Or, if you think the build is already fine, also comment that below ~
Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there :biggrin:

Is that budget for everything or just the PC tower?
i can help you build the pc, with the budget you have set i think its quite expensive as you are looking to just play moderate games however also want to use at as workstation so it seems you could find the balance between the two. the 4 main components are the cpu,gpu, motherboard and ram CPU is very important from the information you have given i would suggest a ryzen 1600x or the ryzen 7. the ryzen 7 can handle a bigger workload and is mostly used when the pc is used as a workstation. id also get an SSD and HDD the SSD as booting drive and the HDD as a storage solution GPU- prices are very high at the moment but with your budget you could get away with a gtx 1060 or 1070.Motherboard- if you are going for an AMD build i would recommend a high end motherboard one that supports overclocking`. you can a good one for around 100 plus.Ram- you can get away with 8gb but you'd want 16gb for better performance AND DONT CHEAP OUT ON POWER SUPPLY AND FANS i wish you well.
(edited 6 years ago)
£1000 - £1500 is a good budget, checkout
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildmeapc/comments/7ak6p4/the_reference_builds_q2_2017_update/ for some good starting builds.
check pcpartpicker it's really useful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending