The Student Room Group

Coding career advice

hey everyone, just wanted to ask for some advice. i would really like to start learning to code properly. i have already started a course on udemy and use some other resources. if anyone has any useful advice about how to stay motivated and code effectively and if you also have any advice and useful resources, please let me know, thank you!
Reply 1
Hey : ) I am currently learning how to code and here are some tips to stay motivated :
- Set goals, why are you coding?
- Maybe start with learning python, its very versatile and relatively easy compared to other languages
- Build mini projects alongside doing courses, start small and as u learn build other projects, this will really keep u going and build ur coding experience as well as fill ur portfolio. I’d suggest build ur own personal website where u can showcase all ur projects. Start with a simple website by following YouTube tutorials. And build things u fun fun such as small games.
- Don’t compare urself to others, always start small and build up at ur own pace
- set certain times to code and stick to ur timetable.

Some ressources : Freecodecamp is an awesome website to learn coding languages. YouTube channels include Tech with Tim, freecodecamp yt channel, Programming with Mosh, Codecademy and there’s many more
Original post by mounia.snf
Hey : ) I am currently learning how to code and here are some tips to stay motivated :
- Set goals, why are you coding?
- Maybe start with learning python, its very versatile and relatively easy compared to other languages
- Build mini projects alongside doing courses, start small and as u learn build other projects, this will really keep u going and build ur coding experience as well as fill ur portfolio. I’d suggest build ur own personal website where u can showcase all ur projects. Start with a simple website by following YouTube tutorials. And build things u fun fun such as small games.
- Don’t compare urself to others, always start small and build up at ur own pace
- set certain times to code and stick to ur timetable.

Some ressources : Freecodecamp is an awesome website to learn coding languages. YouTube channels include Tech with Tim, freecodecamp yt channel, Programming with Mosh, Codecademy and there’s many more

thank you so much!
Reply 3
How is it going on? Do you learn algorithms and data structure? Do you solve problems leetcode,hackerrank?Or do you learn back end,front end programming?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending