The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
PierreSonne
I thought there wasnt room enough and excellent applicants were rejected due to the lack of room !
And it's possible to attend other lectures !!!

They don't actually expect everyone to turn up... :rolleyes:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
For tea?
Reply 22
Lecture theatre size isn't the only limit anyway -- there's only so many staff, and lab space, that kind of thing.
don't worry i haven't been to more than 10 lectures this term. and i'll still get a first. physics is a pisstake trust me. anyone who gets less than a first.. bit dumb
IVe only been to around 30% of lecs, though im in a lil bit of trouble.... tho i should be fine if i start work now
Reply 25
What are u then doing with all your time?
last time, when someone published physics examination papers, i was quite worried ...
how can you get a first without going to lectures whereas the syllabus is hard ?
Reply 27
PierreSonne
last time, when someone published physics examination papers, i was quite worried ...
how can you get a first without going to lectures whereas the syllabus is hard ?

It's called learning from books. :wink:
Reply 28
PierreSonne

an overview of how one learns at university:
25% - attending lectures
25% - doing home work
50% - self-study, reading books
ashy
I've been to several Computing lectures with some friends. I've regretted it every single time.

We computing students barely survive, everyone else would get demolished :P
Reply 30
wais
We computing students barely survive, everyone else would get demolished :P

I went to the Google lecture this year thinking there'd be food and T-shirts. There weren't.

And who would find something called a "distributed lock" interesting? :confused:
Reply 31
ashy
I went to the Google lecture this year thinking there'd be food and T-shirts. There weren't.

And who would find something called a "distributed lock" interesting? :confused:

Actually... that was quite interesting. And the guy was famous (ish), he invented an important algorithm and founded AltaVista. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Burrows Talking to him afterwards was worrying, he didn't seem very social (he said he left Microsoft because they all went home at 5pm, but at Google people stay until 8/9pm).

I have two Google t-shirts anyway, and I've never worn either (why would I? Advertising some company that really doesn't need it).
Reply 32
xaxa
I have two Google t-shirts anyway, and I've never worn either (why would I? Advertising some company that really doesn't need it).

To show what a geek you are? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending