The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU MSc Psychology Conversion - Critically exploring psychology 1&2 - groupwork?

Hiya
I am thinking of applying for this conversion master's at OU but wanted to know about the level of group work required.

Not that I'm totally anti-social, but if lots of submissions are reliant on others (and extra weekly meetings) that will make it a lot of hassle (from undergrad experience).

I work full time so OU seems the best fit, as long as much of the work is self-managed, i.e. I can watch lectures etc. in my own time, not at set times.

Any information with how this course runs would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
It seems that working with others is a BPS requirement. I have done some research on how to study online in those MSc Psychology Conversion degrees, it seems to me that it is an unavoidable element. There are better choices if you just need a BPS self-paced study course. There's a difference in the assessments.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by StokeySaz
Hiya
I am thinking of applying for this conversion master's at OU but wanted to know about the level of group work required.

Not that I'm totally anti-social, but if lots of submissions are reliant on others (and extra weekly meetings) that will make it a lot of hassle (from undergrad experience).

I work full time so OU seems the best fit, as long as much of the work is self-managed, i.e. I can watch lectures etc. in my own time, not at set times.

Any information with how this course runs would be very much appreciated, thanks.

I did my BSc in Psychology with the OU and there was minimal group work involved. I can't really remember any to give an example if I'm honest! There was an expectation to support others with research projects (i.e. as a participant) and to engage with the student forums, but I don't remember submissions being reliant on others that much. I finished in 2017, so things may have changed since then.
Reply 3
Original post by mscw15
It seems that working with others is a BPS requirement. I have done some research on how to study online in those MSc Psychology Conversion degrees, it seems to me that it is an unavoidable element. There are better choices if you just need a BPS self-paced study course. There's a difference in the assessments.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that some groupwork is needed but some course go berserk with it. I need graduate basis but looking for the least painful way, I already have an undergrad and masters degree. Thanks
Reply 4
Hi, what does it mean for group-work. I am an international student and I would like to know how does it work those group-work that are necessary for the assignments.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest