The Student Room Group

My university life blog

So..... I am sort of just struggling at university.
I am having a hard time catching up with the lectures and studying consistently. It's like I will study one day and then won't study for like the next two days. I get distracted easily and I am having a hard time maintaining and balancing uni life and social life.

So, I read somewhere that it might help write/ post about your day somewhere everyday which might motivate you to get up and work because, when you write about it, you will eventually realise how much of work you've actually done and some people would find it sort of embarrassing to post that they've done nothing productive the whole day etc..... so I am trying to write a blog to see if that might help and cause it seems like fun :smile:

Scroll to see replies

cool, hope the blogging helps
do you like your subject?
Original post by 24/7daydream.
I am having a hard time catching up with the lectures and studying consistently. It's like I will study one day and then won't study for like the next two days. I get distracted easily and I am having a hard time maintaining and balancing uni life and social life.

So, I read somewhere that it might help write/ post about your day somewhere everyday which might motivate you to get up and work because, when you write about it, you will eventually realise how much of work you've actually done and some people would find it sort of embarrassing to post that they've done nothing productive the whole day etc..... so I am trying to write a blog to see if that might help and cause it seems like fun :smile:

Good luck with ittttt :hugs:
If you need someone to talk to, im here :smile:
Original post by hapaxlegomena
cool, hope the blogging helps
do you like your subject?

I do like my subject as a whole but there are some topics i hate. What about you? and also do you have you any tips?
Original post by Saturo_
Good luck with ittttt :hugs:
If you need someone to talk to, im here :smile:

awww, thank you so much!! you are honestly the sweetest.
I can't lie, I am finding it so difficult to make friends at uni so am pretty much alone most of the time so this honestly helps!!
If you also need someone to talk to, you can always count on me <3
awww, thank you so much!! you are honestly the sweetest.
I can't lie, I am finding it so difficult to make friends at uni so am pretty much alone most of the time so this honestly helps!!
If you also need someone to talk to, you can always count on me <3

Honestly, loads of people struggle to make friends at uni and it's understandable. Have you joined any societies to try and meet people?
Thank you so much :hugs:
How was yr day today?
Original post by Saturo_
Honestly, loads of people struggle to make friends at uni and it's understandable. Have you joined any societies to try and meet people?
Thank you so much
How was yr day today?

I joined two societies but they take place during the same time as my extra curricular activity that I take part in outside of uni, also most of the societies take place really far from my house :frown: . I met some new people but like they already had friends and we rarely see each other again so I just sort of gave up. oh well, I like staying at home and just chilling so I am okay with it :smile:.
Yesterday, was pretty good, I got some work done and overall felt pretty happy. How about you? how was your day? :hugs:
Yesterday, I had three tutorials and after that I went to the library and started working on my assignment. Then I went home and watched 1 episode of a Kdrama, but just 1 though.... okay maybe 1 and half. After that I had to go to my training which ended late so I couldn't get much done. That's pretty much how my day went yesterday :smile:
During the weekend, I was focusing on catching up on my lectures, training and working out. So, that's pretty much how my weekend went.
On Monday, I was quite busy. I had Lab, and few lectures. So straight after the lecture, I went to the library and worked on the assignment based on the lab work. After that I went straight home and then went to training.
Yesterday ( Tuesday), I didn't do much. I don't know why but I felt really tired and wasn't interested in doing anything but sleep. Ugh!!! I only have a week till I need to hand in one of my assignment and I still wasted yesterday...... :frown:
But anyway, lets see how it goes today .....
I joined two societies but they take place during the same time as my extra curricular activity that I take part in outside of uni, also most of the societies take place really far from my house :frown: . I met some new people but like they already had friends and we rarely see each other again so I just sort of gave up. oh well, I like staying at home and just chilling so I am okay with it :smile:.
Yesterday, was pretty good, I got some work done and overall felt pretty happy. How about you? how was your day? :hugs:

i swear i didnt get a notif for this :frown:
I get youuuuuu but do try to speak to people, even if its not on a close friend basis. Im sure you'll find your people and it's great that you're comfortable on your own too :biggrin:

My day (today) was extremely good!!!! I had a full day out with my friends for her bday and it was the best day ever :biggrin: Hbu?
During the weekend, I was focusing on catching up on my lectures, training and working out. So, that's pretty much how my weekend went.
On Monday, I was quite busy. I had Lab, and few lectures. So straight after the lecture, I went to the library and worked on the assignment based on the lab work. After that I went straight home and then went to training.
Yesterday ( Tuesday), I didn't do much. I don't know why but I felt really tired and wasn't interested in doing anything but sleep. Ugh!!! I only have a week till I need to hand in one of my assignment and I still wasted yesterday...... :frown:
But anyway, lets see how it goes today .....

Remember to not feel guilty for taking days off because you deserve them :hugs:
Original post by Saturo_
i swear i didnt get a notif for this :frown:
I get youuuuuu but do try to speak to people, even if its not on a close friend basis. Im sure you'll find your people and it's great that you're comfortable on your own too :biggrin:

My day (today) was extremely good!!!! I had a full day out with my friends for her bday and it was the best day ever :biggrin: Hbu?

Sorry, I didn't reply earlier. Great to hear that you had a good time :smile:. For like a week, I've been working on my assignment. Its really hard, and the professors aren't really helping.......... whenever a student asks a question, they just reply with "read the exercise again, it has everything you need on there" :frown:
But other than that, I am feeling pretty good !
Original post by Saturo_
Remember to not feel guilty for taking days off because you deserve them :hugs:

Thank you :h:, what do you do on your days off or in your free time??
Also, how have you been???
hope you are doing well :smile:

Hi @24/7daydream

This sounds like such a great idea!

I think it is so difficult especially at this time of the year when it's cold and gets dark early to find the motivation to do any uni work.

How has the blogging been going so far? Do you think it helps?

Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi @24/7daydream

This sounds like such a great idea!

I think it is so difficult especially at this time of the year when it's cold and gets dark early to find the motivation to do any uni work.

How has the blogging been going so far? Do you think it helps?

I AGREE 100% when it gets dark- I just want to sleep.
Yup, recently, I've been getting more work done. So I would definitely recommend it!
How's your uni life going? hope it's going well, especially since you are a 4th year student :smile:

Great idea! Good luck!
For the past few weeks, I was working on one of my assignments which I've recently submitted so Im really happy that I got it over and done with... but I have another assignment due in 3 days so I have to get that done :frown:
Unfortunately, I have to also catch up on all the lectures that I've missed because I working on the assignment so I am kind of stressed since there are going to be exams very soon...
Other than that, I've been feeling much better than usual :smile:
I hope everyone is doing well :hello:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Great idea! Good luck!

Thank you so much!
Hope you are doing well :thumbsup:
Thank you so much!
Hope you are doing well :thumbsup:

:smile:

I am doing well, thanks for asking. Out of curiosity, what subject are you studying?
I AGREE 100% when it gets dark- I just want to sleep.
Yup, recently, I've been getting more work done. So I would definitely recommend it!
How's your uni life going? hope it's going well, especially since you are a 4th year student :smile:

That's great to hear!

What course are you studying?

Uni is going well however, very busy, which is usually the case from this point onwards!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending