The Student Room Group

percentage atom economy and nitrogen monoxide exothermic question

1)Can the answer be B as well as D -Edit: I get this one now just the other 2 below I don't get
2)Isn't percentage atom economy =molecular mass of desired product/sum of molecular mass of all products? None of the options show this
3)errm maybe A?but am confused all the same
134.PNG
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I think for the second question it would be D. Since you can't just get rid of energy or matter the Mr of products and reactants should be the same, right??

Like if you had H2+ 1/2 O2 -> H2O

The Mr would be the same on both sides. (18)

For the third question A would make sense since N would have a lone pair if only connected to one oxygen atom.

(I would recommend getting someone elses opinion since I am still learning all this :tongue:)
Reply 3
Original post by monkeyman0121
I think for the second question it would be D. Since you can't just get rid of energy or matter the Mr of products and reactants should be the same, right??

Like if you had H2+ 1/2 O2 -> H2O

The Mr would be the same on both sides. (18)

For the third question A would make sense since N would have a lone pair if only connected to one oxygen atom.

(I would recommend getting someone elses opinion since I am still learning all this :tongue:)

Thanks a lot!:smile: The atom economy one makes sense now.

But still a bit iffy about the third question - wouldn't NO have an unpaired electron? Thanks for making me get the first one!But yh hope someone else replies about the last one.
Original post by Kalabamboo
Thanks a lot!:smile: The atom economy one makes sense now.

But still a bit iffy about the third question - wouldn't NO have an unpaired electron? Thanks for making me get the first one!But yh hope someone else replies about the last one.

No problem the third question is something I am not as good at as the second and I would hopefully just wait for another reply. :tongue:
Reply 5
Anyone know how to do third question only?
Reply 6
Just the third question -could somebody help please?

Quick Reply

Latest