The Student Room Group

english lit predections for poetry (power and conflict)

Poll

potery predections!!!!!!!1

GUYS let try to predict what poems will come up. gets gather all the info/prediction made by different teachers from different schools around the uk. but obviously this is just a prediction so revise all the poems but maybe focus on these ones more.
Reply 1
it will be tissue
It would never be tissue, the exam boards would lose their support from schools. The poem is likely to fit on one page as it would be less costly so it won‘t be something like my last duchess.
NOT Ozymandias, Storm on the Island, Bayonet Charge or Poppies.
Most likely NOT a poem dealing with war/conflict, so that rules out Charge of the Light Brigade, Exposure, War Photographer, Remains, and Kamikaze.

They would be very nice to give us London - so my bets are on My Last Duchess, the Prelude, Checking Out Me History, Tissue or The Emigree
Reply 4
Original post by louishill1
Most likely NOT a poem dealing with war/conflict, so that rules out Charge of the Light Brigade, Exposure, War Photographer, Remains, and Kamikaze.

They would be very nice to give us London - so my bets are on My Last Duchess, the Prelude, Checking Out Me History, Tissue or The Emigree

Wait why not Poppies? Has it come up in a specimen I haven’t seen
Original post by stoneroses2828
Wait why not Poppies? Has it come up in a specimen I haven’t seen

Yes, it was the poem on the new specimen paper.
I don't think it's prelude because my teacher said a poem like that is hard to understand and because there's no higher and foundation not all people will understand it.
Original post by Sultanas4
I don't think it's prelude because my teacher said a poem like that is hard to understand and because there's no higher and foundation not all people will understand it.

Or the émigré
Reply 8
Original post by Sultanas4

If that were at all the case it would not be on the anthology.
Last year, when I sat my exam I had Bayonet Charge and I compared it to London, achieved a grade 9. So, if yall need help shout me out

Also, I have a feelings this year might be like London.
Original post by louishill1

That’s correct. I think it will be London this year
Original post by MissCarter786
Last year, when I sat my exam I had Bayonet Charge and I compared it to London, achieved a grade 9. So, if yall need help shout me out

Can I have some help please.
Original post by Sinnoh
If that were at all the case it would not be on the anthology.

it's on the anthology because if you use the poems to compare it to another your likely to get a higher grade, because those poems are quite hard.

Quick Reply

Latest