The Student Room Group

English Lit GCSE Revision help

Hi guys, I'm currently in Y11. I'm consistently getting grade 5s in English, and am hoping to up this to a 7. For me, English Language does not seem to be a problem with getting 7 and 8s, however I am struggling with my essays for:
JEKYLL AND HYDE
AN INSPECTOR CALLS
POWER AND CONFLICT POETRY
ROMEO AND JULIET
(AQA)
If anyone has any leftover notes, tips or recommendations please share below, thank you, and good luck fellow y11s!
hi!
im also a y11 and currently using the youtube channel mr salles english

he does lots of exam question/essay walk throughs of real student answers

i believe he does all of your texts but if not, its worth checking for other videos!

good luck x
Hi there, I run a YouTube channel dedicated to sharing top grade English Lit study videos. I've got a playlist with analysis on all the Power and Conflict poetry, and quite a couple of Romeo and Juliet and Jekyll and Hyde ones, too. Check them out to see if they help at all?

Power and Conflict poetry playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhe5sjPdsN7apTVN3zgUuquzu8B3Dk_1j
Romeo and Juliet: top grade essay walkthrough, tragedy or satire, Prologue analysis
Jekyll and Hyde: top grade essay walkthrough, theme of duality analysis, theme of good vs evil analysis, quick quote analysis (Ch. 1), quick quote analysis (Ch. 2)
Original post by baikbaiksaja
Hi guys, I'm currently in Y11. I'm consistently getting grade 5s in English, and am hoping to up this to a 7. For me, English Language does not seem to be a problem with getting 7 and 8s, however I am struggling with my essays for:
JEKYLL AND HYDE
AN INSPECTOR CALLS
ROMEO AND JULIET
(AQA)
If anyone has any leftover notes, tips or recommendations please share below, thank you, and good luck fellow y11s!
Original post by Acupofcha
hi!
im also a y11 and currently using the youtube channel mr salles english

he does lots of exam question/essay walk throughs of real student answers

i believe he does all of your texts but if not, its worth checking for other videos!

good luck x

thank you! is it ok if i ask what subjects you are taking and your predicted grades? I am not sure if i am doing okay compared to other y11s. everyone in my school is super smart lol
lol im probably not the best person to ask
english for both lit and lang is 7
maths is 6
french and spanish are both 8
history is 7
and re 6

but tbf most people in my year are on track to be getting 3 - 5s in most subjects so i wouldnt panic! getting a pass is the main thing tbh
Original post by baikbaiksaja
JEKYLL AND HYDE
AN INSPECTOR CALLS
ROMEO AND JULIET
(AQA)

heyy
for me the best thing is to familiarise yourself with key points of texts. for example, for J/H, i started to read the novella again and went over key notes until i could retell the story and uncover the authors messages. by doing this i got an 8 in lit x.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending