The Student Room Group

Going to a concert in London in October?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone needs a break in their life. But since it's BTS and their first concert in UK. I would definitely go if I am in your shoes.
PS hopefully I can grab a few tickets before ARMYs dare to.
Original post by sofia00
hi everyone. basically i have an offer from oxford for history, so if i fulfil my offer, i will be going this october and my first real week of uni will start on the 7th(?). i am DESPERATE to go to a concert at the o2 (london) either tuesday the 9th or wednesday the 10th of october. does anyone who currently go to oxford have any advice on whether i'll be able to go or not?? i am STRESSED. thank you

edit: thanks TSR for making me sound so much more dramatic than i actually am being, all i mean is i'm concerned whether i will have time to go out for the night without having to skip anything!!

Personally, I wouldn't go unless you can guarantee that you won't miss any uni. My first week didn't have any actual lectures but it had lots of group activities and info lectures and things like that. Also they often take registers when you first start and missing things in your first week will look really bad. Most unis have Wednesday afternoons off so you might be able to go to the Wednesday concert, but bare in mind that you might be missing a big freshers night (Wednesday's are usually big nights) so you'll have to be prepared for that.
Girl! I would go if i was u! I honestly don't think u will be missing much and the concert is at night so u might make it if u do decide to go into class and go after. I will be going to the concert too (im not starting uni next year tho) P.s we have the same name
Just say u got freshers flu :wink:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I endured half of one song (DNA) sounded generic and naff, gave up. Maybe that's not a good example of them but it was top of the youtube hits for bts...

yahh DNA deffo isn't the best and i'm major army and agreeing with you lol. it's really naff and all have you tried springday or mic drop. they're actually lit
i had no idea bts were having a concert until i saw your question on here...
(only been stanning them for a week k, since i was too scared to join the fandom lmao)

Now im contemplating whether i should spend THAT much money on a single concert :>
(even though i high key have an alarm set for june 1st)
Original post by sofia00
hi everyone. basically i have an offer from oxford for history, so if i fulfil my offer, i will be going this october and my first real week of uni will start on the 7th(?). i am DESPERATE to go to a concert at the o2 (london) either tuesday the 9th or wednesday the 10th of october. does anyone who currently go to oxford have any advice on whether i'll be able to go or not?? i am STRESSED. thank you

edit: thanks TSR for making me sound so much more dramatic than i actually am being, all i mean is i'm concerned whether i will have time to go out for the night without having to skip anything!!

yooo im so excited to see BTS, personally I wouldn't miss it for the world. If you really try maybe you can find time to do both?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 87
Im in the same situation as you. Hopefully ill be studying medicine at Imperial, and the concert will be in the second week. I don't know if il miss anything important in terms of social stuff or academics cus i heard freshers goes on for 2 weeks (not sure if this is true tho). Any advice?
Reply 88
Original post by XZY123
Im in the same situation as you. Hopefully ill be studying medicine at Imperial, and the concert will be in the second week. I don't know if il miss anything important in terms of social stuff or academics cus i heard freshers goes on for 2 weeks (not sure if this is true tho). Any advice?

are you in any group chats for your course? maybe you could try your luck there. in any case good luck and I hope you get to go!
Reply 89
Original post by XZY123

i'm gonna (hopefully) be studying medicine at King's, but I think if ur going to a uni in London getting there shouldn't be a problem? i'm hoping i can just go straight after whatever i'm doing that day since uni can't finish too late
PRSOM for the edit, lmaaoooo @sofia00
wtf is that TSR banner ?
"BTS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OXFORD?!?!?!*
I s2g this website on some kind of drugs :colonhash:

Spoiler

i had the same problem but **** it its only one evening and it's bts who know when theyre going to come to europe agian
Reply 93
I would definitely go since you don't know when they are next coming back to the UK. If anything important is happening at uni that day, email a tutor/academic adviser etc in advance and inform them that you won't be able to attend that day. I'm sure it will be fine though since it's the first week and it will mostly be introduction stuff that will be easy to catch-up on. You're only in Oxford though, I'm travelling 5 hours from my uni to see them (hopefully).
Original post by bubbbs
Bts right? hopefully im going too. The concert would be in the afternoon so if you time it right you might have to only miss a few hours. Good luck on getting those tickets.

Original post by sofia00
unfortunately yes

GIRL GOOOOOO,, u got into oxford thats great this should be like your present!
Reply 95
it is a struggle because i too love bts but i have to start school but because its there first concert so i am going but in the end its your choice
Quick question would going on the first day in London or the last day be better? Like which one wold be the best performance cause I'm trying to decide what day to aim for

Original post by sofia00

Concerning your actual question, lie your arse off if you have too. Say you have a funeral and wake or something. Try and get someone else to ask though about if you'd be allowed to go cause it'd be a bit bait if you say you have a funeral on that day straight after you ask to go to BTS
is this concert for BTS by any chance bc same. *pied piper plays*
Original post by Doonesbury
I bet it's easier to get an Oxford place than tickets for this concert.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, that's the truth of the matter. 😂
Reply 99
Original post by sofia00

Did you get the tickets?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending