The Student Room Group

edexcel ial biology unit 1 june 2018 discussion and prediction

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khalid123421
Thank you!

Don't forget protein synthesis and replication too
Reply 21
So anyone has an idea of what practical might come In this exam , or should we expect all of them ... because if i remember well there was a trend in unit 3 ....
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/a-level-edexcel-ial/unit-1/

guys check these notes please.
THESE NOTES ARE PERFECTO
Original post by IGCSEsurvivor
permeability of beetroot
effect of enzyme activity and the effect of different concentrations on rate of rxn
test for vitamin c
daphnia experiment

these are all the experiment you need. Learn them by hard so that you can score that 4 or 5 marks question

THANKS
Reply 24
Guys, what does "standardization of extract" in the DCPIP-Vitamin C experiment mean? I have seen that term a lot in mark schemes...
Original post by barbruh
Guys, what does "standardization of extract" in the DCPIP-Vitamin C experiment mean? I have seen that term a lot in mark schemes...

i think this means you have to state how much extract you’re using, eg. 1cm of 1% DCPIP
someone correct me if i’m wrong but i think that’s what it means
Original post by larissa67
i think this means you have to state how much extract you’re using, eg. 1cm of 1% DCPIP

*1cm3
Reply 27
Does anyone have any idea of what questions might come up in unit 1's exam?
does anyone knows how do we use the calibration curve in the experiments and what do they mean by it?
Calibration curve is related to calorimeter in the cell membrane permeability experiment. say the calorimeter is set on "absorbance", it will measure the amount of light absorbed by a certain solution. A graph with a slope, showing how the absorbance changes with concentration of solution, is known as the calibration curve.
does anyone knows how do we use the calibration curve in the experiments and what do they mean by it?
it s also used in the vitamin c experiment as well right?

Original post by ::mellOddy::
Calibration curve is related to calorimeter in the cell membrane permeability experiment. say the calorimeter is set on "absorbance", it will measure the amount of light absorbed by a certain solution. A graph with a slope, showing how the absorbance changes with concentration of solution, is known as the calibration curve.
yes, it is
it s also used in the vitamin c experiment as well right?
Reply 32
Does anyone have any predictions?

Come on guys make this thread active!!!
Original post by ::melloddy::
yes, it is

thank you so much
guys my predictions for the upcomming paper are...
daphnia practical based question.
proteins based question
CVD--> HYPERTENSION BASED QUES..
DNA and mutations
i revised some papers from 2015..so maybe these predictions will come.BE IN TOUCH
Original post by Kevin.US
guys my predictions for the upcomming paper are...
daphnia practical based question.
proteins based question
CVD--> HYPERTENSION BASED QUES..
DNA and mutations
i revised some papers from 2015..so maybe these predictions will come.BE IN TOUCH

hope you are right, because if then we are 'hopefully' safe from another paper that might be like the chemistry one. I just hope it will be easy
(edited 5 years ago)
hope you are right, because if then we are 'hopefully; save from another paper that might be like the chemistry one. I just hope it will be easy

yohooo maybe bro..
Thumbs up
good luck😘😚😍😙
Reply 37
Original post by larissa67

Maybe it means stating the amount of EXTRACT you should be using...I mean, that's what I assumed it to be.

Spoiler

Reply 38
I think last year's June paper was pretty good in terms of how much of the spec was covered since I felt that it covered something from everywhere in the specification but idk. I feel maybe more practicals will come up for this year.
Original post by Kevin.US
yohooo maybe bro..
Thumbs up
good luck😘😚😍😙

good luck to you too :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending