The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I sat the BMAT last year and am selling a bunch of BMAT books and materials. If anyone is interested, PM me.

I am starting graduate medicine at Imperial this September so if anyone needs any specific advice hmu.
bump
I've just found a couple of threads for this - have merged you and re-titled :yep: How is everyone feeling for the exam?
Reply 23
AWFUL
Original post by BioOx
AWFUL

For the exam? :frown: You will be okay :hugs:
Original post by BioOx
AWFUL

same :frown:(((
Original post by Arabicartist
I sat the BMAT last year and am selling a bunch of BMAT books and materials. If anyone is interested, PM me.

I am starting graduate medicine at Imperial this September so if anyone needs any specific advice hmu.

what score did you get? how long did u revise for and how did u revise?
Original post by safa_k

4.4, 4.5, 3.5A

I studied for about 2-3 hours a day for 5 weeks.

The cut offs do depend on the year you're taking the exam and how the rest of the students sitting performed. The cut offs for when I applied in 2017 for 2018 entry were 4.1, 4.2 and 2.5C. However in previous years they've been a few decimal points higher so concentrate less on your scores in practice and more on whether you're getting the technique right.

I used the 400 BMAT book, the 800 BMAT guide (Rohan Agarwal) and the practice papers available for free on the BMAT website.
Original post by aftermath.
I was just wondering why no one has made a BMAT thread yet?

Can we make a sticky for it please?

Hey do you wanna study together
Original post by safa_k

Wanna study together
Who's doing there's next week?
Original post by crazychameleon

moi :frown:

me aaaahhhh
Original post by adritakabir
me aaaahhhh

how much revision have you done?
How does the difficulty of the isc book to be specific section 1 problem solving compare to the difficulty of the exam I've been doing some practical questions from the book and have found them very difficult and it takes me a while to understand the explanations given too.
Original post by BioOx
AWFUL

Original post by safa_k

yep i wonder how many people are doing it. I've just done my A2s so I have spent around 4 weeks so far. Last year when I did it, i found speed was the most important thing
Reply 36
I’ve been using this guide written by a past successful student. It has a lot techniques for answering the different question types which I’ve found really helpful. They were only cheap so I thought I’d give them a go and they’re so worth it!

Here’s the link if anyone else is interested: lifeofamedic.ecwid.com/BMAT-Notes-Tips-&-Strategies-p114081920
Original post by safa_k

ngl have been procrastinating and just doing the bare minimum and now i'm stressing majorly lol. i think i'm alright with all the knowldge and techniques, just need to binge practice for the next 5 days and get my timing right
Not the biggest fan of the statistics questions to be honest, takes a while for me to get around the tables and graphs.
Not the biggest fan of the statistics questions to be honest, takes a while for me to get around the tables and graphs.

i prefer them to the english ones haha

Latest

Trending

Trending