The Student Room Group

MSc Cancer and Molecular Pathology and Genomics

Hello everybody.
Sorry if this one it's off topic.
I was wondering if somebody know the MSc Cancer and Molecular pathology and genomics for nurses and which career prospective?

I am really keen to be a research nurse and maybe it could be the right MSc for me: does it allow you to work in a labh?

Thanks to take time for this!

Francesco Cianetti
Original post by france.cianetti
Hello everybody.
Sorry if this one it's off topic.
I was wondering if somebody know the MSc Cancer and Molecular pathology and genomics for nurses and which career prospective?

I am really keen to be a research nurse and maybe it could be the right MSc for me: does it allow you to work in a labh?

Thanks to take time for this!

Francesco Cianetti

I'm not sure your nursing degree qualifies you for this masters degree though you can email the uni and ask. For research nursing you probably need to train more in things like GCP clinical trials management etc which are professional development courses.

@Charlotte's Web can you help?
Where is this MSc you are looking at?

Most research nurses go into clinical trials research but i suppose its not impossible for one to end up doing lab work. Normally a scientific researcher doing lab work would have a stronger scientific background from their first degree (either a basic science degree or medicine)
Reply 3
Hello Francesco!

It sounds like the MSc in Cancer and Molecular Pathology and Genomics for Nurses may be a good fit for you if you are interested in working in research and potentially in a laboratory setting. This type of degree program is likely to provide you with advanced training in cancer biology, molecular pathology, and genomics, as well as the skills and knowledge needed to work in a research setting. It may also provide you with opportunities to gain hands-on experience in a laboratory through research projects or internships.

While I cannot speak specifically to the career prospects for individuals who have completed this degree, it is likely that this type of program could open up opportunities in a variety of research settings, including hospitals, universities, and biotech or pharmaceutical companies. It may also be beneficial for those interested in pursuing further education and training, such as a PhD program in a related field.

I hope this information is helpful! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending