The Student Room Group

Poster presentation in histopathology

Hay, everyone
I want to present a poster related to histopathology. May I know where I can get more information on this?
Currently, I am working as SHO on orthopaedics & I am applying for ST1 this year.
Reply 1
Would you mind telling me how can i do a poster in histo pathology
Reply 2
Probably start by contacting a histopathologist in your hospital/trust, and ask them if they have any projects you could work on, with a view to presenting a conference poster.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advise , I got a topic to do poster , asked in patho trainy like where to present but not much helpful. Can you tell me where can I present or how do I find ( google is not helping much 😢) ?
Reply 4
Original post by Gurukiran
Thanks for the advise , I got a topic to do poster , asked in patho trainy like where to present but not much helpful. Can you tell me where can I present or how do I find ( google is not helping much 😢) ?

I would aim to present it at a national conference. Is there a national pathology conference in the UK? I'm not sure - I'm not a pathology trainee.

Or you could try to present it at another specialty's conference that is related. Eg if your pathology project is looking at lung cancer, you could submit to the British Thoracic Society annual meeting.

What is your project about?
Reply 5
Original post by AF2Dr
I would aim to present it at a national conference. Is there a national pathology conference in the UK? I'm not sure - I'm not a pathology trainee.

Or you could try to present it at another specialty's conference that is related. Eg if your pathology project is looking at lung cancer, you could submit to the British Thoracic Society annual meeting.

What is your project about?

My topic is skin cancer and I found information about poster presentation in international pathology day in Rcpath website.

Thanks for ur help.
Reply 6
Contact your histo pathology team in your hospital( especially trainy); they might give you an idea. Keep your department consultant/colleagues informed that you are interested in histopathology; if they know anything, they will tell you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending