The Student Room Group

How do I sop thinking I've failed :/

So I just finished my last AS exam today (which was history) and i believed it went alright since i finished in time and wrote alot of points relating back to the question

yet i can't get this image out of my head that I've failed all my subjects (biology chemistry and history) and that the work I've done was all for nothing, does anyone else get this feeling-how do i stop thinking about it because i got 2 weeks of now till i go back to school and i don't want to be lingering over it , any help appreciated, thanks :redface:
oof typo meant to stay stop :redface:
Reply 2
Yeah, i messed up in economics. My teacher told me dont worry about it as its only AS and the grades that you get here dont even matter.. I suggest you use this lingering feeling to get yourself motivated for yr 13.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
So I just finished my last AS exam today (which was history) and i believed it went alright since i finished in time and wrote alot of points relating back to the question

yet i can't get this image out of my head that I've failed all my subjects (biology chemistry and history) and that the work I've done was all for nothing, does anyone else get this feeling-how do i stop thinking about it because i got 2 weeks of now till i go back to school and i don't want to be lingering over it , any help appreciated, thanks :redface:

Even if grades come back to you as all Ds for example it is not a bad thing, your AS results give you an idea where you are and how you may need to restructure and rethink your revision plans for each subject. I've known people to jump multiple grades in a year like it's nothing so instead of worrying about the grade you get instead keep revising over half term and when results come back think how you can restructure revision plans to perform even better. I am certain you've done absolutely fine worrying now won't get you anywhere just wait and see (I got one mark off a C in my RS for example which seemed terrible until I learnt I was highest in the class by a decent margin and even was told on Friday I will be subject captain next year for it!) That's a small personal example of how these AS results won't be something to worry about for you as I know you'll do amazing and can use these to better yourself :smile:
Original post by Ggg1112
Yeah, i messed up in economics. My teacher told me dont worry about it as its only AS and the grades that you get here dont even matter.. I suggest you use this lingering feeling to get yourself motivated for yr 13.

yeh that's true , i guess i will

how do i stop it from ruining my break
Original post by MorganMason
Even if grades come back to you as all Ds for example it is not a bad thing, your AS results give you an idea where you are and how you may need to restructure and rethink your revision plans for each subject. I've known people to jump multiple grades in a year like it's nothing so instead of worrying about the grade you get instead keep revising over half term and when results come back think how you can restructure revision plans to perform even better. I am certain you've done absolutely fine worrying now won't get you anywhere just wait and see (I got one mark off a C in my RS for example which seemed terrible until I learnt I was highest in the class by a decent margin and even was told on Friday I will be subject captain next year for it!) That's a small personal example of how these AS results won't be something to worry about for you as I know you'll do amazing and can use these to better yourself :smile:

yeh that's good of you

i just don't want to let my family or teachers down , not to mention making myself look dumb in front of my friends
yeh that's good of you

i just don't want to let my family or teachers down , not to mention making myself look dumb in front of my friends

You aren't going to let people down don't worry, and many people will get a low grade at AS so it's not a "dumb" thing trust me you just need to have some confidence in your own abilities and keep revising and working on bettering yourself
You aren't going to let people down don't worry, and many people will get a low grade at AS so it's not a "dumb" thing trust me you just need to have some confidence in your own abilities and keep revising and working on bettering yourself

i think it's just history i'm most afraid of because idk if i structured my essay right
i think it's just history i'm most afraid of because idk if i structured my essay right

Even if you have not structured that essay right now you know, you can talk to your teacher and get help so you know a good structure and write practice essays as revision to nail History completely :smile: I say wait and see what you get I'm sure at least one thing will pleasantly surprise you and anything negative is a learning experience as we all learn from mistakes
Even if you have not structured that essay right now you know, you can talk to your teacher and get help so you know a good structure and write practice essays as revision to nail History completely :smile: I say wait and see what you get I'm sure at least one thing will pleasantly surprise you and anything negative is a learning experience as we all learn from mistakes

wow ok . thank you for all your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest