The Student Room Group

MSc Human Resources and Organisations at LSE

Hi!

I’ve received an offer for the MSc Human Resources and Organisations (Human Resource Management stream) from LSE. I would like to know how this program fairs in terms of employability prospects and a review on its course contents from a previous student who has undertaken this course.
Reply 1
Hey! I know this is unrelated but I want to get into uni for HR in the UK (im still doing my undergrad, long way to go)
Do you have any advice for an international student? Your stats, EC's and how to write a good personal statement for LSE? I'd really appreciate some advice because I'm serious about doing this course and really want to get into a top uni

Original post by Sanjana Nair
Hi!

I’ve received an offer for the MSc Human Resources and Organisations (Human Resource Management stream) from LSE. I would like to know how this program fairs in terms of employability prospects and a review on its course contents from a previous student who has undertaken this course.
Reply 2
Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

Re-SOP

The best advice would be to make the SOP as personalised as possible. You could follow a structure which talks about your

1. Introduction- Clear reasoning- why do you have inclination towards HR/OB/IER
2. Educational background and how it motivated you to take up this course.*
3. Your work ex/internship experiences, research work - learnings from these aspects. How modules/education at LSE would benefit you overall, talk about how it would improve your chances of reaching your dream role.
4.Your personality and aspects of your life that make you interested in specific concepts like- D&I or leadership etc. Here, you might want to talk about any extra curricular or volunteering initiatives you've taken up.
3. Details of course and why LSE- why London- you could talk about the modules, the professors, the links scheme(if you're aiming for HRO course), dissertation and diverse culture and holistic development.
4. What you can offer back to the cohort / course?
Reply 3
Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

Re-SOP

The best advice would be to make the SOP as personalised as possible. You could follow a structure which talks about your

1. Introduction- Clear reasoning- why do you have inclination towards HR/OB/IER
2. Educational background and how it motivated you to take up this course.�*
3. Your work ex/internship experiences, research work - learnings from these aspects. How modules/education at LSE would benefit you overall, talk about how it would improve your chances of reaching your dream role.
4.Your personality and aspects of your life that make you interested in specific concepts like- D&I or leadership etc. Here, you might want to talk about any extra curricular or volunteering initiatives you've taken up.
3. Details of course and why LSE- why London- you could talk about the modules, the professors, the links scheme(if you're aiming for HRO course), dissertation and diverse culture and holistic development.
4. What you can offer back to the cohort / course?

Thank you so much!! I will definitely use this as a guide while writing and preparing for my SOP
Can I use pretty much the same SOP for all the unis i apply to? and modify them based on the courses/modules and the stuff offered at the uni?
Reply 4
Yes absolutely! You can keep the basic framework the same and modify it accordingly.
Reply 5
Yes absolutely! You can keep the basic framework the same and modify it accordingly.

Thank you!
Also is a GPA of 8.5+ good enough for LSE or does it need to be above 9?
In my uni it's almost impossible to get a gpa of above 9 so I'm a bit worried that my scores might not be competitive enough

If i do internships and research will it compensate for my relatively lower scores?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Hey! Yes you already meet the cut off required for the course. But remember that lse has mentioned a minimum cut off. I would personally suggest concentrating on the sop more. A few internships in hr/work experience is definitely an add on even though the course mentions that it isn’t required. I wouldn’t say it’s a compensation for anything - any university will assess your application holistically by taking all these into consideration.
Reply 7
Hey! Yes you already meet the cut off required for the course. But remember that lse has mentioned a minimum cut off. I would personally suggest concentrating on the sop more. A few internships in hr/work experience is definitely an add on even though the course mentions that it isn’t required. I wouldn’t say it’s a compensation for anything - any university will assess your application holistically by taking all these into consideration.

Okay! I will keep that in mind
I'm also planning to do some research related to org psych and I'll keep a lookout for any internship opportunities.
Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending