The Student Room Group

Any predicitions for Edexcel geography a level?

Has anyone got any predictions for the 20 markers or things that might come up either for the human or physical paper? I feel so screwed for this exam for awful teaching and no guidance from the exam board?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly I feel the same way😭
Reply 2
Original post by Elean0r29
Honestly I feel the same way😭

I think everyone is so ****ed so i hope the grade boundaries are going to be really low!
i feel the same too there is far too much content and no past questions to go on :frown:
never seen anything more relatable - literally not a clue what the exam board is gonna give us and not a clue on how to answer any of the questions
Reply 5
We’re all in the same boat. I’m ******** it. Make sure you know your key terminology
Reply 6
Literally same
Original post by lfcaimee
Has anyone got any predictions for the 20 markers or things that might come up either for the human or physical paper? I feel so screwed for this exam for awful teaching and no guidance from the exam board?
Such a strange A Level with a toxic mix of bad teaching and no past papers... Who knows what they're gonna throw at us tomorrow lmao
I've got a prediction: evaluate the extent to which everyone taking this course is going to get at least 60% (20 marks)
how are we all feeling? :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by sophiehawley17

super stressed , i cant study today... you?
in the same boat - awful teaching the past 2 years and absolutely no assistance from the exam board so i'm stressed!
Feeling alright... did the sample paper for mocks in April and got overall A* but because the grade boundaries are so uncertain and they could ask anything, that's not much of a help!

Hoping management for the 20 mk Qs!
Any one know if the 20-marker for the carbon/water cycle will be on either carbon or water, or a mix of both?
Why is everyone so scared?

Original post by alessasiraa111
Any one know if the 20-marker for the carbon/water cycle will be on either carbon or water, or a mix of both?

Original post by sureofit
Feeling alright... did the sample paper for mocks in April and got overall A* but because the grade boundaries are so uncertain and they could ask anything, that's not much of a help!

Hoping management for the 20 mk Qs!

Original post by sweaty26
in the same boat - awful teaching the past 2 years and absolutely no assistance from the exam board so i'm stressed!

Original post by romivl
super stressed , i cant study today... you?

Original post by sophiehawley17

Original post by YummyCailer
I've got a prediction: evaluate the extent to which everyone taking this course is going to get at least 60% (20 marks)

Original post by romansholiday
Such a strange A Level with a toxic mix of bad teaching and no past papers... Who knows what they're gonna throw at us tomorrow lmao

Original post by khalique
Literally same

Original post by Kivs
We’re all in the same boat. I’m ******** it. Make sure you know your key terminology

Original post by GeorgeGoldspink
never seen anything more relatable - literally not a clue what the exam board is gonna give us and not a clue on how to answer any of the questions

Original post by lfcaimee
I think everyone is so ****ed so i hope the grade boundaries are going to be really low!
Original post by TheAlchemistress

First year of A-Level, and so much content! Uncertainty, perhaps? :smile:

No past papers + A lot of New Content added in + Alot to know+ Questions can at times be retarded (like the question ask for something but the MS wants something else) + Exam is ALOT of writing + Time constraints + Teachers know **** all + (might just be me but CW was really low)

Mark a min is like 1.28 where as in Economics its 1.5 :/ and the difference between that is huge as in Economics you can really think and articulate a good answer where as in Geography its abit more of a rush.

Exam technique is really hard to nail that too but my teachers say I have it down, so who knows :dontknow:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sureofit
First year of A-Level, and so much content! Uncertainty, perhaps? :smile:

I'm currently revising Superpowers and completed tectonics the other day. The content is huge but break it down bit by bit.
Original post by SilverWater
No past papers + A lot of New Content added in + Alot to know+ Questions can at times be retarded (like the question ask for something but the MS wants something else) + Exam is ALOT of writing + Time constraints + Teachers know **** all + (might just be me but CW was really low)

Mark a min is like 1.28 where as in Economics its 1.5 :/ and the difference between that is huge as in Economics you can really think and articulate a good answer where as in Geography its abit more of a rush.

Exam technique is really hard to nail that too but my teachers say I have it down, so who knows :dontknow:

There are past papers on Pearson, my teacher linked some, it was gibberish to me. It didn't seem to cover the content learned at school.
There are past papers on Pearson, my teacher linked some, it was gibberish to me. It didn't seem to cover the content learned at school.

The Specimen papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending