The Student Room Group

Which gcse is best to pick

Have to pick between French cs history and geography such hard one I don’t enjoy geography as you apparently learn about rocks and rivers and is incredibly dull and boring bc also learn about natural hazards coats rainforest currently hate it at ks3 so might take that off list history I mean is boring but way better then history but thing holds me is the essays and content heavy and apparently Is a level type and french idk bc the listening sounds hard and I’m not the best at it and cs apparently is difficult but has lesser content then geography and history but yeah thoughts btw is aqa geog ocr cs history edexcel and edexcel french
If you hate geography then it will be extremely hard to revise since you have very little motivation to do so, meaning you probably won't revise effectively enough and won't be able to retrieve consistently during an exam.

However, only pick history if you're good at writing. It's already difficult, so if you're bad at essays you're in for a rollercoaster. There's also a lot of content and dates to memorise which you'll have to analyse well in the exam. So if you're bad at writing and/or memorising it probably isn't the best fit.

I don't know which one you're good at or better at so there isn't much I can say on which you can pick, but people tend to do better on the subjects the enjoy. So weigh history whether you're good at and how much you enjoy it, and compare to geography.
Original post by psychiatrist
If you hate geography then it will be extremely hard to revise since you have very little motivation to do so, meaning you probably won't revise effectively enough and won't be able to retrieve consistently during an exam.
However, only pick history if you're good at writing. It's already difficult, so if you're bad at essays you're in for a rollercoaster. There's also a lot of content and dates to memorise which you'll have to analyse well in the exam. So if you're bad at writing and/or memorising it probably isn't the best fit.
I don't know which one you're good at or better at so there isn't much I can say on which you can pick, but people tend to do better on the subjects the enjoy. So weigh history whether you're good at and how much you enjoy it, and compare to geography.
How about cs
Just pick something you actually like.

GCSE subjects are irrelevant, neither universities nor employers care about any specific GCSEs you've taken except ones you have to take anyway (i.e. English language and maths - sometimes science).

So pick anything you enjoy and think you can do well in.
Original post by artful_lounger
Just pick something you actually like.
GCSE subjects are irrelevant, neither universities nor employers care about any specific GCSEs you've taken except ones you have to take anyway (i.e. English language and maths - sometimes science).
So pick anything you enjoy and think you can do well in.
What if like neither
Original post by Brianstudy01
What if like neither

Then pick something else entirely? If those are the only options at your school then I guess just pick whatever you think will be least boring.

Quick Reply

Latest