The Student Room Group

OCR Geography (A Level) Post Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HoldThisL
Oh and I explained the difference between positive and negative feedback.

Was the landform a spit?
Reply 21
Original post by AlexZ2000
Was the landform a spit?

Yeah, I talked about onshore movement of sediment from sea level rise and long shore drift.
Original post by HoldThisL
Yeah, I talked about onshore movement of sediment from sea level rise and long shore drift.

For 16 markers + 33 markers, this is usually the format i go with

Intro - Say which case studies I'm using, my viewpoint on them and some general facts.

Each paragraph - Point, analysis, link back to the question

Conclusion - My viewpoint summary

What is your essay structure? @HoldThisL
I'm pretty bad at the essays.
Original post by MichaelFurr
1.3? Only 4 Mark anyway

That was the right answer!
Reply 24
Original post by AlexZ2000
For 16 markers + 33 markers, this is usually the format i go with

Intro - Say which case studies I'm using, my viewpoint on them and some general facts.

Each paragraph - Point, analysis, link back to the question

Conclusion - My viewpoint summary

What is your essay structure? @HoldThisL
I'm pretty bad at the essays.

I define the key terms from the question title in the intro and otherwise do pretty much the same.
Reply 25
Original post by 23Student23
That was the right answer!

I got 1, pretty sure that was the right answer.

I got 1.5 as the upper quartile and 0.5 as the lower.
Reply 26
Ready??
Reply 27
:smile:
That exam was decent! Last question on the UN was a bit more challenging, but a good exam in general I think
Reply 29
Original post by Kappo99
That exam was decent! Last question on the UN was a bit more challenging, but a good exam in general I think

Good exam, I agree. Place identity isn't in the textbook so I assume the mark scheme will include a wide range of relevant stuff, I talked about place profiles and brand image.

I liked the UN question, plenty of other stuff to talk about there.
I talked about place profiles as well for Lympstone and Toxteth, the UN one was ok but I felt like I didn’t talk about it enough. I talked about military intervention and how that can worsen human rights and about NGOs in Afghanistan
Thought it was a really good paper, for sure! However this does mean that grade boundaries will be sky high, unless the debates paper is more challenging of course.
How did everyone find the human paper?
Reply 33
what a nice paper - the only 2 were the 16 markers that im just like.. well who knows
Reply 34
Original post by wildjones
Thought it was a really good paper, for sure! However this does mean that grade boundaries will be sky high, unless the debates paper is more challenging of course.

I think we're looking at 66%-70% maximum for an A. The AS paper in 2017 wasn't hard but there was one obscure question which there wasn't on this paper, so I expect the grade boundaries will be slightly higher than the 66% needed last year.
Thought paper 2 was pretty good tbf, the 16 mark changing spaces question was tough along with the OS map question but the migration and human rights section was pretty straightforward. Hoping paper 3 goes well :smile:
Reply 36
I thought it was ok missed a 8 marker though as ran out of time.
Reply 37
Original post by Kappo99

ikr that last question ahhh what were your points?
Original post by h4n33n
ikr that last question ahhh what were your points?

Can’t remember exactly, but basically defined global governance and human rights. Said about military intervention from the US in Afghanistan and the U.N. UNAMA mission and how conflict can worsen human rights. Then said about gender inequality in Afghanistan and how NGO’s and governments can have a more “on the ground approach” which might be more effective. Really didn’t know any other points about the UN other than the UNAMA Mission. What did you write?
Last 16 marker on UN. I was talking about NATO, UN, UN Security Council and the big 5 players France China Russia UK America with the ability to veto any engagement and resolution with examples in Syria Assad regime, South Sudan as well as independent states going alone in Mali with support from France Azward region in the north as well as EU bodies
Don’t no if this is what they were looking for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending