The Student Room Group

Question WJEC ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Hi, I just did something bad lol i didnt finish section B story so i missed the 40 marks. Is it possible to still get a grade 4 if I do good on unit 2 paper or do i have to re-sit? This is for WJEC English language exam.
if u still did part of your story but not finish it you’ll still get some marks for the part you did and of course you can still get a 4 dw this paper was worth 40% of the whole thing and the other paper is 60% if you think you did okay on the comprehension part then i’m sure you can get a 4 overall the grade boundaries last year (if you want a rough guideline) were:

Paper 1 (this paper) 2017 boundaries:

Grade 4: 28/80
Grade 5: 33/80
Grade 6: 39/80

Paper 2 2017 boundaries:

Grade 4: 31/80
Grade 5: 36/80
Grade 6: 41/80

keep in mind that the boundaries will probably go up from this very slightly and that they’re just a guideline based on last year but also that it’s the second paper that has a higher weighting

if u want to check out the rest of the grade boundaries here’s the link btw: http://www.wjec.co.uk/Eduqas GCSE Grade Points June 2017.pdf?language_id=1
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by onoma
if u still did part of your story but not finish it you’ll still get some marks for the part you did and of course you can still get a 4 dw this paper was worth 40% of the whole thing and the other paper is 60% if you think you did okay on the comprehension part then i’m sure you can get a 4 overall the grade boundaries last year (if you want a rough guideline) were
Paper 1 (this paper) 2017 boundaries:

Grade 4: 28/80
Grade 5: 33/80
Grade 6: 39/80

Paper 2 2017 boundaries:

Grade 4: 31/80
Grade 5: 36/80
Grade 6: 41/80

keep in mind that the boundaries will probably go up from this very slightly and that they’re just a guideline based on last year but also that is the second paper that has a higher weighting

if u want to check out the rest of the grade boundaries here’s the link btw: http://www.wjec.co.uk/Eduqas%20GCSE%20Grade%20Points%20June%202017.pdf?language_id=1

Thanks for replying mate and yeah i did good in section A i think and will try to do good in paper 2
Original post by johhnyman2635
Thanks for replying mate and yeah i did good in section A i think and will try to do good in paper 2

np good luck for ur other exams

Quick Reply

Latest