The Student Room Group

Aiming for Oxford - a blog.

I'm in Year 11 and am hoping to study Economics and Management at Oxford University. Due to the competitive nature of this course, I thought it would be prudent to blog my journey, so no matter if I fail, I will see how far I've come.

Also, this a purely academic blog, so any clubs or sports I take won't be mentioned.

Year 11 goal:
All 9s in my GCSEs.

Good luck fellow Year 11s! :smile:
OH! finally another person who is dreaming to go to oxford! <3 : D
I wanna go there and do medicine too!
I am in year 11 as well..
And yes you surely will smash all 9s in your GCSEs!!!!
BEST OF LUCK!!!!!<3333333
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by username6467741
I'm in Year 11 and am hoping to study Economics and Management at Oxford University. Due to the competitive nature of this course, I thought it would be prudent to blog my journey, so no matter if I fail, I will see how far I've come.

Also, this a purely academic blog, so any clubs or sports I take won't be mentioned.

Year 11 goal:
All 9s in my GCSEs.

good luck xx
Original post by Supipi Rajapakse
OH! finally another person who is dreaming to go to oxford! <3 : D
I wanna go there and do medicine too!
I am in year 11 as well..
And yes you surely will smash all 9s in your GCSEs!!!!
BEST OF LUCK!!!!!<3333333

omggggggggg sameee!!! I wanna go to Oxford AND do medicine :biggrin:
year 11 too, and i'm aiming for all 9s, which I will hopefully get in August !!!
Reply 4
A year 12 here with straight A*s (wjec exam board) for GCSEs - good luck all! I'm sure you can do it
Original post by username6467741

Year 11 goal:
All 9s in my GCSEs.

You remind me of myself in Year 11, I just got an offer to study economics and management at oxford in january, feel free to ask for tips or message me privately!
Original post by howdoeslifelook
You remind me of myself in Year 11, I just got an offer to study economics and management at oxford in january, feel free to ask for tips or message me privately!

Hello...What subjects did u pick for GCSE. I do Math, Further maths,English language, English literature, Computer Science, Spanish, Art, Business,Chemistry, HPQ, Food Tech. Im worried that my subjects may be deemed as too easy by Oxford.
Original post by biographical-ini
Hello...What subjects did u pick for GCSE. I do Math, Further maths,English language, English literature, Computer Science, Spanish, Art, Business,Chemistry, HPQ, Food Tech. Im worried that my subjects may be deemed as too easy by Oxford.

Honestly GCSE's don't matter as much as you think, especially not the subjects. They mostly care about what grades you get. I did Maths, English Language, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Business, History, RE, French and got 9998888888

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending