The Student Room Group

A Level Sociology 2018 Paper2

How does the layout of the second paper work? Are you given multiple options from both section A and section B or do you not have a choice of which topic from which section to answer? For example if in section A there are 4 topics, do i have the freedom to choose which topic i answer or will i have to answer a certain topic? Please can someone help because i am very confused.
Section A (Pick the topic you've studied - Culture & Identity, Families & Households, Health, or Work Poverty & Welfare)
1 x Outline & explain... 10 marker (2 x paragraphs - analyse but don't evaluate and no item to link to) 15 minutes (5 mins planning, 10 mins writing)
1 x Analyse material from... 10 marker (2 x paragraphs - analyse and evaluate, also link to the item) 15 minutes (5 mins planning, 10 mins writing)
1 x 20 mark essay (intro listing points you will make and any background info, 3 x paragraphs - analyse and evaluate) 30 minutes (5 mins planning, 25 mins writing)

Section B (Pick the topic you've studied - Beliefs in Society, Global Development, The Media, or Stratification & Differentiation)
**same layout as Section A**

ONLY PICK ONE TOPIC! You should have studied one topic from Section A in your first year, and one from Section B in your second year (or vice versa).
Reply 2
Thankyou so much i was so confused since I couldn’t find a clear explination anywhere
Reply 3
Will there definitely be 10 mark questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending