The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 2 12th June 2018 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evansabbie
What was the question about hydrogen bonds?

N highly electronegative, mor electronegative than H so draws electrodensity away form it so delta - and delta -. C=O also polar. Lone pairs on oxygen attracted to delta + H in N-H
Original post by marlodanvers
What were the number of peaks? 4 or 5?

It was a triple as it was next to a CH2
Original post by Smith_jack99
did anyone get an answer for the c3h4no empirical formula structure question? i went onto extra paper and drew about 40 structures and one of them seemed to work with a nitrile group and an amine group no idea if thats even possible

no. I was like wtf, how do you take away a carbon b****es?
Reply 43
Original post by marlodanvers
What were the number of peaks? 4 or 5?

4 I’m pretty sure
How lenient would they be with Arrhenius? Would they mark it depending on your gradient?
Original post by Bulletzone
it'll vary a bit but I got 21

LMAO babe it won’t vary THAT much. 21 is definitely wrong. I got 54, that’s the kind of variation that’s acceptable :smile:
How the hell do you get from C4H6O2 ——-> C3H4NO
Still baffled...🙄
Reply 47
Original post by Jimmybee123
Still baffled...🙄

KCN,its a nitrile im pretty sure
Original post by JSC16
It didn’t ask you to find the Kc it asked you to find number of moles of A

Wait wasn’t it the concentration of A we had to find? I got like 0.08 moles and forgot to /0.5, so 0.17 for the concentration seems right
Still baffled...🙄

It was empirical formula so was actually C6H8N2O2
Still baffled...🙄

I was so f*ING confused by that. I was thinking, how the hell have these motherf*ckers taken away a carbon?

edit; I know why I couldn't answer that so don't bother correcting me as 3 people already have lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 51
did anyone get an answer for the c3h4no empirical formula structure question? i went onto extra paper and drew about 40 structures and one of them seemed to work with a nitrile group and an amine group no idea if thats even possible

It was a dihydroxy dinitrile

Ch3 - c (oh)(cn) - c(ch3)h - c(oh)(cn)h

Then twice is twice empirical
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 52
What did yall write for the q. Why can a nucleophile attack a halogenoalkane?

- C-Br bond is polar due to the bromine atom being more electronegative.
-c positive Br minus
? I had no clue

You had to multiply the empirical formula by 2 and it worked out to be the correct structure once you added HCN to the carbonyl groups
Original post by Bulletzone
carbon 13 nmr had 4 peaks.

-903 for the enthalpy of combustion

I thought it had 5 peaks bc whas it now (CH3CH2)2NCH2CH2CH3??? So the two on the ethyl groups and then the 3 from the CH2CH2CH3 after the nitrogen?
Original post by BTAnonymous
no. I was like wtf, how do you take away a carbon b****es?

It was empirical formula. Everything needed to be multiplied by 2, so then it works as a nucleophilic addition mechanism, adding on cyanide ions.
Still baffled...🙄

C3H4NO is empirical, double it youll get C6H8N2O2 which results from adding 2KCN to C4H6O2, causing the =O to become OH and adding two carbons making 6 total carbons, that's what I got anyway
Still baffled...🙄

I didn’t get the structure but I put NaCN as reagent??
For the Arrhenius one I put C2 as my y intercept then rearranged to find activation energy but got 5.08 ...?
yeah the activation energy would have a range but I got 54.0 👍🏿

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending