The Student Room Group

GCSE Math

Hi, I am a sophomore (10th grade, equivalent to last year of GCSEs) living in America taking geometry honors as a math course. I will be moving to England next year, but I do not plan on taking math as an A level. Will I be able to pass secondary school without taking trig and algebra 2 at all? Or will I have to take a summer school teaching algebra 2 and trig.
Original post by TheJexxter
Hi, I am a sophomore (10th grade, equivalent to last year of GCSEs) living in America taking geometry honors as a math course. I will be moving to England next year, but I do not plan on taking math as an A level. Will I be able to pass secondary school without taking trig and algebra 2 at all? Or will I have to take a summer school teaching algebra 2 and trig.

I'm sure having a maths qualification is enough regardless of what it is but you are probably better off asking the particular secondary school/6th form/college you're thinking of attending in the UK. (There's no pass or fail here, we just get grades and what you can to do after secondary school depends on your grade rather than pass or fail.) Hope this sorta helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest