The Student Room Group

Prom Dress Opinions

Can I have like honest opinions on this dress and like hair and makeup?
4FB361E7-A1CE-4B32-8E13-C60728D64F77.jpg.jpeg
F69E0E8B-1764-406B-86BA-8FE6B8CB1600.jpg.jpeg
B9E25B70-396E-4E8A-AAC1-FB0880F1B93E.jpg.jpeg
6EF57D04-D2F5-4F9F-9835-FB7DE13D7D02.jpg.jpeg
D95FF7CF-660C-44CB-A5C2-7DBE82788862.jpg.jpeg
464E9048-FB0B-476F-9C05-D1A6B1ABE79F.jpg.jpeg
20BB002C-D17E-41E3-8EB3-11EFB06CA236.jpg.jpeg
Reply 1
Looks like a lovely dress but it’s really hard to give an opinion because dresses depend entirely on your personal body shape. Makeup is complicated again because it depends on your hair colour, eye colour and skin colour as well as the dress colour but for me personally I’ve always found that red goes well with gold.
Reply 2
I have very pale skin with blue eyes and dark hair if that helps
It depends on your undertones- are you warm or cool? Warm undertones are red or golden (think peachy or golden skin than tans well and has a distinctive yellowness to it. The blonde girls in the first photos are warm but you don' have to be blonde, obviously) whilst cool are blue or pink (very pale or fair skin is often cool, the women in the last photos with dark hair are cool). Look up examples on google and decide which fits you. A simple decider is do you suit gold or silver more? Silver is cool, gold is warm.

In terms colour I like the the season colour theory. Google it but basically you can be a Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. In a nutshell Springs suit light, bright warmer colours (coral, lime), Summers suit cooler, more muted colours (grey, rose), autumns suit deeper, warm tones (olive, bronze) and winters suit cool jewel tones (true red, sapphire blue).

Without seeing a picture of you it's impossible to say but you sound like a cool person so I'd think the dress would be better for you in silver. As for makeup again, it's not a case of just liking a look on someone else- it's working out if that look works with your colouring. That blonde girl in the first image would probably look really heavy and overly made up in a smokey eye and red lip but it works for the dark haired girls in the other photos because their colouring goes with it. If you don't want to post a picture of yourself then thats understandable but I'd suggest finding a celebrity that has very similar hair, eye and skin colours/tones and look at images of them to see what works for them and you'll see how a nice look can just look totally off on the wrong person.

Same applies for body shape too.

I like the dress. The makeup isn't to my taste (i.e. it wouldn't suit me personally) but it works on those girls. Not the two together though. You'd need a much warmer makeup palette- I like the fresh faced look they've used on the model.
Reply 4
Thank you for that, I’ve actually got neutral undertones which is kind of weird but when I get my hair dyed they always check so yeah. Do think a bold (not to bold) lip with maybe a lighter eye would work?
F3B3D78C-7EED-4AE1-AFE1-088DAB5CF710.jpg.jpeg
Something like this but with less blush???

Quick Reply

Latest