The Student Room Group

Exams VS Coursework?

I'm going to be doing an Exams VS Coursework presentation for my GCSE Speaking & Listening and was just wondering which people prefer and why?
Coursework works imo for only a select few subjects. For English it makes sense, say part of the exam is writing an essay on a particular author or your own piece of creative writing, it wouldn't make sense to force students to write an overly complex essay in the limited time of an exam. For French and Spanish and German it could also work, but it could put stress on students too early. For Edexcel iGCSE Geography we have a single three hour exam, which ran from 1:30 to 4:30, and was supposedly the trade-off for no coursework. I think it was a good deal to just have one massive exam.
Original post by Eliseghent
I'm going to be doing an Exams VS Coursework presentation for my GCSE Speaking & Listening and was just wondering which people prefer and why?

I think there should be a mixture of both in most subjects. Having a bulk of exams at the end of the year doesnt do everyone justice. If the exams and coursework was spread out over the two years, stress levels in students will go down

Quick Reply

Latest