2023 Edexcel English Lit A Level

Hiya,
any predictions for the upcoming exams would be greatly appreciated!! :smile:
Original post by flower747
Hiya,
any predictions for the upcoming exams would be greatly appreciated!! :smile:

what novels etc do u do?? :smile:
Reply 2
for drama I do streetcar and twelfth night, for prose I do Tess of the d'urbervilles and a thousand splendid suns, and for poetry I do poems of the decade and chaucers the wife of bath :smile:
Original post by skyealanis
what novels etc do u do?? :smile:
for drama I do streetcar and twelfth night, for prose I do Tess of the d'urbervilles and a thousand splendid suns, and for poetry I do poems of the decade and chaucers the wife of bath :smile:

ok the only ones we share in common are streetcar and potd :frown: here's a list my teacher came up with for streetcar:

femininity, challenges of being different, conflict, challenges of love, dependency, genre, structure, stagecraft, changes in a new world order, relationship between dreams and reality

you got any similar predictions? or any that aren't listed?

for POTD, these are the poems that are probs most likely to come up (but take with a grain of salt): genetics, the gun, the deliverer, the lammas hireling, out of the bag, from the journal of a disappointed man, please hold, on her blindness, history, effects

best of luck!
Reply 4
thank you!! my teachers aren't giving out any predictions at all which is a little unhelpful
for streetcar they have never done a question on fantasy v. reality or illusion so I feel as though that could be likely
for POTD I feel like its hard to predict but I would love for it to be the gun!!
I heard the edexcel papers last year for English were difficult questions so I wonder if the exam board is planning to continue to use difficult questions this year??
ok the only ones we share in common are streetcar and potd :frown: here's a list my teacher came up with for streetcar:

femininity, challenges of being different, conflict, challenges of love, dependency, genre, structure, stagecraft, changes in a new world order, relationship between dreams and reality

you got any similar predictions? or any that aren't listed?

for POTD, these are the poems that are probs most likely to come up (but take with a grain of salt): genetics, the gun, the deliverer, the lammas hireling, out of the bag, from the journal of a disappointed man, please hold, on her blindness, history, effects

best of luck!
thank you!! my teachers aren't giving out any predictions at all which is a little unhelpful
for streetcar they have never done a question on fantasy v. reality or illusion so I feel as though that could be likely
for POTD I feel like its hard to predict but I would love for it to be the gun!!
I heard the edexcel papers last year for English were difficult questions so I wonder if the exam board is planning to continue to use difficult questions this year??

yes the gun would be rlly good!

i think that’s the reason why i’m pretty scared! they could absolutely throw us off depending on what question they ask
Reply 6
I think the streetcar questions for last year were really bad, im hoping they give us better wording of the question this year!! what grade are you aiming for? I need to get an A* for my uni place
yes the gun would be rlly good!

i think that’s the reason why i’m pretty scared! they could absolutely throw us off depending on what question they ask
I think the streetcar questions for last year were really bad, im hoping they give us better wording of the question this year!! what grade are you aiming for? I need to get an A* for my uni place

oooo i thought the past and present one was nice but trueee. i feel like during the exam i’ll just shut down if i don’t like the question :frown: why do edexcel word things so weirdly?!?!!! and i’m alr so nervous so that doesn’t help </3 i need an A. my teacher said my coursework was good so i’d be able to not do great in one of my essays and still get what i need. but i cant shake the feeling that i’m just going to freeze up on every single question pfft. so so terrified and it just feels like there is no time left! omg i really hope you get it!! maybe we can help each other if we get stuck in the future lollll. good luck!
Reply 8
yeh we defo should!! I feel like the questions were only difficult (in terms of wording) last year because they lowered the grade boundaries?? They're going back to normal this year so hopefully they'll give us some decent questions!! For streetcar I would love changes in a new world or death!! I think the gun would be great for poetry as well!! I think my biggest worry is probably paper 2 and the Shakespeare section of paper 1 :frown: but yeh im the same with coursework so at least we have that to help us!! :smile:
oooo i thought the past and present one was nice but trueee. i feel like during the exam i’ll just shut down if i don’t like the question :frown: why do edexcel word things so weirdly?!?!!! and i’m alr so nervous so that doesn’t help </3 i need an A. my teacher said my coursework was good so i’d be able to not do great in one of my essays and still get what i need. but i cant shake the feeling that i’m just going to freeze up on every single question pfft. so so terrified and it just feels like there is no time left! omg i really hope you get it!! maybe we can help each other if we get stuck in the future lollll. good luck!
any predictions for othello ?! i feel like they’ll be really mean this year as they’re trying to go back to pre covid years.
Reply 10
Original post by RevisionTips
any predictions for othello ?! i feel like they’ll be really mean this year as they’re trying to go back to pre covid years.

I feel like deception/betrayal, revenge, they haven’t asked about love so maybe that uhm good vs evil?, tragedy, gender, control? Bianca and Cassio?
ooo yes those are quite likely i think
i heard that apparently gcse english has been so easy so do you think they’ll be nice to us and give us smth easy like othello or iago !?

Original post by Marxz9
I feel like deception/betrayal, revenge, they haven’t asked about love so maybe that uhm good vs evil?, tragedy, gender, control? Bianca and Cassio?
Reply 12
does anyone have any twelfth night predictions?
i heard that apparently gcse english has been so easy so do you think they’ll be nice to us and give us smth easy like othello or iago !?

omg i hope so!!
Reply 14

That would be lovelyy
Reply 15
does anyone have any predictions for king lear and streetcar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending