The Student Room Group

Belgium vs Japan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Team Japan :love:

Attarimaida! I hope I spelled it right, xD.
Seems like it will be just a matter of time before Belgium score.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Seems like it will be just a matter of time before Belgium score.

They should have scored twice now.
Japan gaining at least some sort of momentum now, thank God!
Inui is the danger man for japan
Original post by bobby147
They should have scored twice now.

And now they've almost backed off, I think they needed to sustain the pressure. Japan getting some chances/half chances now!
If Belgium go through the Brazilian full backs will be absolutely desperate to play against a team that seemingly will just let them have all the time and space they could ever want.
Original post by mojojojo101
If Belgium go through the Brazilian full backs will be absolutely desperate to play against a team that seemingly will just let them have all the time and space they could ever want.

Brazil's defence is dodgy. They are covered by the sustained pressure that the attacking players provide.

It would be interesting to see this Belgium team under real pressure. They do seem to lack a bit of urgency at times.

That’s what was on my mind.Belgium defence gives way too much space.
Japan looking decent here
Shoot, that was so close. Just a little more from Osako and it would’ve been 1-0 to Japan for sure.
Omfg Courtois! Japan should have scored there!
Reply 33
Curassco keeps doing that stupid rolling his foot over the ball technique. Slows the game down, ruins momentum and is solely to try and get in the highlights reel.

Would’ve been amazing if that Courtois mistake had gone in.
Reply 34
De Bruyne needs to get the factor 50 on.
Original post by bobby147
That’s what was on my mind.Belgium defence gives way too much space.

There's another one there.

Nagatomo gets very high up and creates a good chance and they have absolutely no idea he is there.

Marcelo is the best left back in the world, it would be suicidal to give him space like that.
@as125
Japan’s playing!
I don't understand why pundits always want a goal at half time. Surely it's more exciting with two teams still able to win and going for it?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
I don't understand why pundits always want a goal at half time. Surely it's more exciting with two teams still able to win and going for it?

It gives them something obvious to talk about. Same thing applies to referee decisions, bits of skill, etc.

Much easier to talk about moments as opposed to tactical patterns.
It gives them something obvious to talk about. Same thing applies to referee decisions, bits of skill, etc.

Much easier to talk about moments as opposed to tactical patterns.

That is true. I just feel like there's always an implication the game is awful if there are no goals but I'm enjoying it!

Quick Reply

Latest