The Student Room Group

screenplay ideas

I am interested in attempting to write a screenplay over the summer just to try it out and give myself something to do, it will be my first screenplay but unfortunately I am having a bit of a writers block right now and don't have many ideas of what to actually base it upon! I am open to all suggestions and prompts just to get myself out of this rut.
Original post by katiesballentine
I am interested in attempting to write a screenplay over the summer just to try it out and give myself something to do, it will be my first screenplay but unfortunately I am having a bit of a writers block right now and don't have many ideas of what to actually base it upon! I am open to all suggestions and prompts just to get myself out of this rut.

What kind of genre you interested in?

I was going to write a screenplay this summer too, but since I thought nothing could possibly ever happen with a screenplay I decided to write a book instead which you can at least self publish on amazon or something even though nobody would buy it anyway. But it's been over a month and have still not started basically haha.
I’ve written a lot of screenplays. I find that if you just start writing a conversation about two people you’ll think of something, make the characters first and then give them a story
Original post by AndrewSCO
What kind of genre you interested in?

I was going to write a screenplay this summer too, but since I thought nothing could possibly ever happen with a screenplay I decided to write a book instead which you can at least self publish on amazon or something even though nobody would buy it anyway. But it's been over a month and have still not started basically haha.

Anything really, as much as I love sci-fi and superheroes, I don't think that it could be something that I could easily write about - when I was doing creative writing and stuff like that for my GCSEs I would've always gone for realer, deep rooted topics.
Original post by NathLocke64
I’ve written a lot of screenplays. I find that if you just start writing a conversation about two people you’ll think of something, make the characters first and then give them a story

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
No problem, if you need any help let me know 😉
I'm thinking of doing that to!
I think it's better if you write something that's personal/ means a lot to you, as then you'll most likely stick with it.
Reply 7
Original post by katiesballentine
Having your own plot is key. If you don't have any ideas and you just want to write a screenplay, you're not going to get anywhere.

To be a writer, you have to have something to write; something to express or an idea to convey.
Original post by lokidokie
I'm thinking of doing that to!
I think it's better if you write something that's personal/ means a lot to you, as then you'll most likely stick with it.

think I have thought of a plot that I might be able to do something with! definitely is easier doing something that you have a connection with I think.

Quick Reply

Latest