The Student Room Group

Help with ideas!!!

My art gcse theme is old and new. For my final piece I have absolutely no idea what to do but I know I want to do an acrylic painting. I am so stuck, any ideas please that will not be too complicated or hard to paint. Please reply asap because I should already have an idea and have strarted thumbnails. Any ideas will be helpful!
Original post by Eyebrow
My art gcse theme is old and new. For my final piece I have absolutely no idea what to do but I know I want to do an acrylic painting. I am so stuck, any ideas please that will not be too complicated or hard to paint. Please reply asap because I should already have an idea and have strarted thumbnails. Any ideas will be helpful!

perhaps an elderly person with a new-born baby?
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
perhaps an elderly person with a new-born baby?

Thanks for the quick reply however my teacher has said not to paint people as this links more with the theme of portraiture.
Original post by Eyebrow
Thanks for the quick reply however my teacher has said not to paint people as this links more with the theme of portraiture.

okay, then how about a decaying building and a new modern building? or a classic car and a modern car?
Reply 4
Thanks so much I will probably paint the car idea. Thank you!
my friend painted slums and used like a really cool phrase like i was born in the slum the slum wasnt born in me that style and used 3d objects she got a nine really cool
Original post by Eyebrow

idk if you have an idea yet but instead of picking one specific idea now for your final piece, why dont you try brainstorming several ideas related to this theme and work on and develop a couple of them throughout the project/theme before picking your best ideas/designs/skills for your final piece. whatever you decide on tho, it should definitely have links to whatever you've been doing throughout the project/them so that your work flows really well, and try to do something with an interesting meaning behind it, even if it is just something personal to you, so that you can do some really good in-depth analysis and wow the examiners for those higher grades. hope that helps!
Reply 7
Original post by Eyebrow

I've got ideas now, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest