The Student Room Group

Gcse art need help asap

So, I'm about to be in year 11 and I have been working on my sketchbook non-stop, I don't know what to do in there. My topic is 'Beneath the surface.' :frown:

The teacher didn't tell me what do I need to do anyways 🥹
Reply 1
Original post by _lilinx_
So, I'm about to be in year 11 and I have been working on my sketchbook non-stop, I don't know what to do in there. My topic is 'Beneath the surface.' :frown:

The best thing to do is to do a mind map brainstorm with the title. Write down or make little sketches that you can use as a visual guide for the topic. You need to show your thought process within your sketchbook as well.
Original post by _lilinx_

I concur with @Aceful, you should do a brainstorm of this.

Teachers typically leave things vague and not hinder your creativity and thought process, so it's kind of liberal. At the same time, they can also end up not providing enough structure to guide students to formulate their ideas. It's kind of silly in my opinion.

Although I am not entirely sure what your school's policies are, if you're particularly stuck you can google for an idea generator (usually AI) to help you generate more ideas. I would focus more on the ideas that spark your interest though.

Typical ideas that come to mind for me include: depictions of hell, fantasy novels/depictions of trolls/dwarves (Lord of the Rings/Hobbit), caverns, unconsciousness, onions (Shrek and Donkey reference), sewers, mining, mountain ranges, underground animals, roots and fungi, mole people, underground water, building foundations. You should be able to form more ideas from here.

Quick Reply

Latest